I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER YOU

Posted by Unknown On Wednesday, February 10, 2010 24 comments
How many of you out there believe that there is one special person in this world meant for you? You may or may not have married that person but that does not mean that you are unhappy if you did not, yet it may not mean you will be very happy if you did.

I believe that whilst there may be ONE special person who can ultimately click with you, love you to bits, bring out the best in you, move in synch with you so beautifully, what is important in life is being the best partner we can be without wasting our life away looking for that one special person.

A few days ago, I wrote a post about FALLING IN LOVE where I discussed briefly the throes of that ecstatic moment and how it varies from one person to another.

In my interaction with both young and old, I find that one common denominator is that many have actually had that ONE SPECIAL EXPERIENCE WITH THAT ONE SPECIAL SOMEONE (I can almost see some cynics shaking their heads as if to say there is no hope for me haha)that they will never forget - that could even have become the benchmark for subsequent relationships or could be so unforgettable that they never forgot that person, neither did they stop loving that person at all even through decades.

Personally, I believe that if one really loves a person, one loves forever, for always. That magical attraction could be something so incomprehensible that you just cannot pinpoint what it is that made you fall for that person or caused mutual attraction to be so spell-binding. One cannot just stop loving someone, even if he or she has passed on.

Before I go all goo-goo-ga-ga over love in my usual sentimental style, I'm applying the brakes now by sharing another one of my favorite oldies which I learnt when I was a little girl running around with my guns and trains :-).

"I'll Never Find Another You" was written by Tom Springfield, Dusty Springfield's brother and band mate of the English Folk group The Springfields. After The Springfields disbanded, Dusty began a successful career in Pop and Soul music, while Tom began a career as a songwriter. He wrote most of The Seekers' identifiable material during the '60s.

According to Wikipedia, The Seekers comprised Australian folk-influenced popular musicians that was formed in Melbourne in 1962. They were the first Australian popular music group to achieve major chart and sales success in the United Kingdom and the United States and were one of the main bands of the 1960s at some points rivalling the popularity of The Beatles.

Their best-known configuration was:

* Judith Durham: lead vocals, piano, tambourine
* Athol Guy: double bass, vocals
* Keith Potger: twelve string guitar, banjo, vocals
* Bruce Woodley: guitar, mandolin, banjo, vocals

"I'll Never Find Another You" was the biggest-selling single in Britain of 1965. It reached #1 in the Seekers' native Australia and it became the first song by an Australian group to reach #1 outside of Australia. The first time this appeared on an album was 1968 when the Seekers released Live at the Talk of the Town. In 1967, this was a #1 Country hit (which also reached #97 on the US pop charts) for Country singer Sonny James. The song was recorded at Abbey Road studios in London November 4 1964 and became their first number one hit in the UK 1965. It is said that Judith overslept and got late to the studio that day :)

The pint-sized Judith Durham has the type of voice that can penetrate your bone marrow AND such a sweet angel-like demeanour which she used to communicate the lovely lyrics she sang - mainly about the exquisite beauty of life. I love this song because of her deeply moving and emotionally gratifying rendition of the lyrics and I will forever stand in awe of her. Awesome!

The following video clip is from The Seekers farewell concert July 7 1968 in London. That was the last time they sang this song as a group in the sixties. This song is specially dedicated to my blog readers and friends. You have blessed my life in your own special and unforgettable way!!!

I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER YOU

This post is truncated. Click the next link to read more of this post including the lyrics.


I'll Never Find Another You
-Words and Music by Tom Springfield

There's a new world somewhere
They call The Promised Land
And I'll be there some day
If you will hold my hand
I still need you there beside me
No matter what I do
For I know I'll never find another you

There is always someone
For each of us they say
And you'll be my someone
Forever and a day
I could search the whole world over
Until my life is through
But I know I'll never find another you

It's a long, long journey
So stay by my side
When I walk through the storm
You'll be my guide, be my guide

If they gave me a fortune
My treasure would be small
I could lose it all tomorrow
And never mind at all
But if I should lose your love
, dear
I don't know what I'll do
For I know I'll never find another you

(instrumental interlude)

But if I should lose your love, dear
I don't know what I'll do
For I know I'll never find another you
Another you, another you

I hope these few videos give you good memories and can help to keep their songs and music alive.We cannot let them be forgotten. May this song remind you for THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE/S in your life and may they have a special place in your hearts and memories always.

Take care and do leave a comment if you wish to share your thoughts. Thanks. Have a lovely evening with your loved ones!!

24 comments to I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER YOU

  1. says:

    Anonymous Love is a many-splendid thing!

  1. says:

    Crankster I think I'm a closet romantic. But I'll never go on record saying it.

    Oh wait, I just did.

  1. says:

    Anonymous Many a wife has found that hugging her husband is the best way to get around him.

  1. says:

    Perakian Love is blind, but marriage restores its sight.

  1. says:

    Monyet King heavy but nice :)

  1. says:

    Anonymous Give a girl an inch and she thinks she's a ruler!

  1. says:

    Catherine Men give orders but women bring order.
    Women have some virtues that men ought to emulate.

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Anon@ 7.51 pm

    Indeed! And I love the song by the same title!

    Cheers

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Crankster

    :-) Aha - the secret's out and the queue will get longer now :-)....

    Take care and have a blessed week!

    hugs

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Anon @ 8.24pm

    Agree! Also, the way to his heart is via his stomach LOL!!

    Cheers

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Perakian

    Wow - that is profund!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Have a blessed evening.

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Dr Bala

    :-)Thanks! Me the die-hard sentimental romantic! :-)

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Anonymous @ 10.14 pm

    Wow!!! How true for many hahaha and sometimes for myself too, I confess!

    Thanks for the reminder to submit hehehe!

    Cheers

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Catherine

    Impressive! Witty, wise and profoundly true!!!

    Thanks for sharing...So lovely to hear from you again. Have been missing your nuggets of wisdom.

    Take care and bless your kind heart.

  1. says:

    Anonymous please tell me i'm WRONG dat Judith Durham is ...is dead !! (iwc)

  1. says:

    A Arthur A quote and a sonnet:

    Some pray to marry the man they love,
    My prayer will somewhat vary;
    I humbly pray to Heaven above
    That I love the man I marry.
    Stokes, Rose Pastor

    When my love swears that she is made of truth;
    I do believe her, though I know she lies,
    Sonnet 138 William Shakespeare


    We may have a special person in our heart but if we cannot be with the one I love it is better for me to forget about her, move on and love the one that I am with. Stokes put it very nicely in her poem.

    Love is that celestial spark in our heart that is hard to define, explain and understand. There is just no objectivity and no logic. And he/she may be a compulsive liar but if there is love I choose to ignore it. Whether you are in the real world or make-believe world is your choice…..

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear IWC

    She is still alive and lives in Victoria, Australia.

    Cheers

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Arthur

    The pragmatic in you speaks and the dreamer cum idealist in me speaks..

    In such a scenario, I opine that it is possible to love two persons at one time...perhaps an old love who has passed on or someone whom we cannot marry...

    Whatever the case, I believe that love endures. Even if we move on, the love is still there. Latent, lurking...caring for the person and thinking of him/her fondly, perhaps lifting a prayer or two for him/her...

    Humanly speaking, I do not think one can stop loving a person just like that.

    Life is filled with choices and we just have to live with our lot in life and be happy, contented.

    Cherish love and those who love us and those with love...

    Take care and have a good rest!

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the lovely poem and sonnet.

    Cheers

  1. says:

    Anonymous sorry, i have mixed up ,; it's Mary of the other group who sang my favorite 'blowing in the wind' ! iwc

  1. says:

    Anonymous 'The carnival is over' ...bye !

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Anon aka IWC

    I wrote about Mary Travers' death over here:

    http://motionofmythoughts.blogspot.com/2009/09/blowin-in-wind-singer-mary-travers-dies.html

    I love her voice too!

    Cheers

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Anon

    Carnival is over??? Where?

  1. says:

    Anonymous u not heard of this song !? iwc

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi IWC

    Good morning! Of course I have heard of the song - was not sure if you had a double meaning to it.

    Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.