Masterwordsmith - Really Unplugged!

Posted by Unknown On Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6 comments
I thought I'd do something different to wish my dear readers, friends and relatives by singing a Christmas greeting instead of posting just the usual greeting card in my blog.

I was first inspired by THIS VIDEO which was posted by Dr. Michael Chick in his Facebook profile. I tried to do it acapella and was stuck as my music editor only allows a three-track recording. Then, I decided to play the piano with my younger boy doing fill-ins with the violin. Most disastrous because we ended up laughing and complaining about each other. After a few frustrating but hilarious attempts, especially with my boy's facial expressions, I decided to use JB Craipeau's singing as a background intro but somehow, it did not work.

Finally, I decided to use a YouTube track for the accompaniment. I liked the instrumental and decided to try it out. After a few bars, I was very tired and decided to go for it.

As such, I did the following recording in only one take as by then, I was so tired out after singing the song in different styles and with different accompaniment.

Selecting the pics, editing/synching and uploading it took ages because forgetful me, either forgot to save the file or had some gaps or uploaded the wrong file. This video clip has indeed been a labor of love and I finished everything by 2.30am. It is now 2.46am and I am scheduling this post for 6.15a.m.

I am not a professional singer - not that great in crooning either but this song is specially from my heart - to wish every single one of you A Very Merry Christmas. This Christmas is very special - because I hit the big five...older and hopefully wiser. May God bless each one of you with a beautiful and meaningful Christmas and a very unforgettable New Year filled with blessing upon blessing. Take care and have a great day!

CLICK HERE FOR THE YOUTUBE VIDEO.

6 comments to Masterwordsmith - Really Unplugged!

  1. says:

    stephen Merry X'Mas Paula.May you and your family be blessed always.And birthday greetings to you too.

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi Stephen,

    It's great to hear from you again! Thanks for your warm festive greetings and birthday wishes.

    May you and your family have an unforgettable Christmas Christmas and blessed new year. God bless you and yours with love, joy, happiness, good health and fulfilment. Do give me a tinkle when you are in town. My 016 number is non-functional cos I've given that phone to my son but the other numbers are ok.

    Take care and thanks for stopping by!

    Shalom

  1. says:

    UP41 Great Singing! Merry Xmas & Happy new Year

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi UP41

    Thanks! Blessed Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to you too! Take care and thanks for the connection!!!

    Cheers!

  1. says:

    Teo Aik Howe Blessed Christmas to you and your family, Paula.

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Dr. Teo

    Thanks for the Christmas wishes and for being an inspiration. Take care and may you and your family be blessed this Christmas and the coming new year. Do keep in touch!

    Shalom

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.