Hayley's Balloon

Posted by Unknown On Tuesday, February 22, 2011 0 comments
This afternoon, I received two emails from two of my former students who belonged to the same cohort I taught in the late 1980's. One was from a guy who went through some changes in his career while the other was from Nicole.

I reconnected with Nicole recently in FB and she tried to chat with me last night but I did not know as I had muted my laptop. I sent her an email asking after her. This afternoon, I was chatting with Angela via Skype when I opened her email.

Honestly, I burst into tears. In my email to her, I had mentioned how radiantly happy she looked with her younger daughter. It was most distressing for me to read about how she had lost her younger daughter last May and how her older girl, hubby and even herself were struggling to get on with their lives.

I sent her an email expressing my empathy, sympathy and condolences plus an encouragement and advice for her to find strength again to carry on, in particular, for the sake of her older girl who had lost her younger sister and best friend. I cannot imagine how deep and painful is the loss they feel in their lives :-(.

My mom died in February 1973, 2 months after I had turned 12. It took me decades to get over the loss. Each time I went to the grave, I was hysterical with grief. At the funeral, I fell apart. Visiting her grave has always been a very traumatic experience.

When my dad passed away, it was another excruciatingly painful experience for me. I felt like dying when I saw the coffin being pushed into the furnace. To be honest, I was hysterical with grief. I fell apart and vomited when I collected the ashes.

Dear reader, one of the most difficult things in life for me is to cope with the loss of a loved one. I feel very much for Nicole and even though I have gone through the loss of loved ones, I know I can never fully feel the complete grief and pain experienced by Nicole and her family :-(.



Dear readers, please help me out here...Nicole has posted a travel balloon in memory of her daughter. If you have a Facebook account, please click HERE to keep Hayley's balloon flying round the world. If you can, please leave her an encouraging message to touch her heart and that of her little girl and husband. By 14th March, it will be the first anniversary of her passing....Thank you for your act of kindness and empathy.

Excerpt from what Nicole wrote in her Travel Balloon:

This balloon is dedicated to my beautiful 3 year old daughter Hayley Zara who suddenly passed away from severe strep pneumonia on 14th March 2010.

Hayley was a beautiful little girl full of life and love. She is desperately missed by her family - mum, dad and sister. Hayley's time here was so short that there were so many places she didn't get to go to so now...Hayley's balloon is on a journey to visit people and places all around the world, and needs your help to pass it along!

Please pass on to your family and friends so we can see where our little angel travels to. Please add a message so we know where she has been ...


9th August 2010
- It has now been 21 weeks since our beautiful little princess has gone and it hasn't gotten any easier. We miss her so much each day and I can't help but feel like she will be back any day that this can't possibly be true. Her older sister (6) tells me all the time how empty she feels without her sister /best friend and it just breaks my heart.

4th October 2010
- It's now been just over 6 months and still no easier to understand. We miss our little princess and are very aware of her 4th birthday approaching:( Hayley's birthday passed with lots of pink balloons filling the sky...I thought this would be the hardest thing until I walked into our local shopping santa and saw santa sitting there...I fell into a heap and cried for a while..it never gets any easier:(

Can everyone please click on the little blue box "Puff" under Hayley's balloon as this is what gives her balloon energy to keep going?
I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has take the time to write us a message and pass this balloon on.

In 5 weeks' time it will be one year since since we lost our little angel. I would love to see her balloon get to at least 3,400 places by this time as she was 3 years and 4 months when she is passed. Please help by passing to all of your fiends, thank you.

CLICK HERE to go to Hayley's Balloon to give her some strength.



Thank you, dear reader, for your compassion and kindness. Take care and God bless you and yours always.

0 comments to Hayley's Balloon

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.