Bob Hope's Reflections

Posted by Unknown On Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1 comments
Bob Hope's reflections on:



* On turning 70: "You still chase women, but only downhill."
* On turning 80: "That's the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing."
* On turning 90: "You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake."
* On turning 100: "I don't feel old. In fact I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap."
* On giving up his early career, boxing: "I ruined my hands in the ring .. the referee kept stepping on them."
* On golf: "Golf is my profession. Show business is just to pay the green fees."
* On presidents: "I have performed for 12 presidents and entertained only six."
* On why he chose showbiz for his career: "When I was born, the doctor said to my mother, 'congratulations. You have an eight-pound ham'."
* On receiving the congressional gold medal: "I feel very humble, but I think I have the strength of character to fight it."
* On his family's early poverty: "Four of us slept in the one bed. When it got cold, mother threw on another brother."
* On his six brothers: "That's how I learned to dance. Waiting for the bathroom."
* On his early failures: " I would not have had anything to eat if it wasn't for the stuff the audience threw at me."
* On going to heaven: "I've done benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality."

1 comments to Bob Hope's Reflections

  1. says:

    Bunny he visited the flight deck when he flew into kl for a show. this was pre 911 and visitors were always welcome. he invited us to his show and we were seated at his "personal friends" table. what an honour.

    he told us a joke in the cockpit ....... about the girl who swallowed a pin when she was 9 ......... but didn't feel the prick till 10 years later.

    great guy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.