Sad but I have to move on

Posted by Unknown On Friday, September 10, 2010 8 comments
Last year, I blogged about how I used my savings to get a HTC Touch Cruise for my husband's Father's Day present. Well, he did not like it and I ended up using it. Amazingly, I won a LG Chocolate Touch handphone in a lucky draw a week later and he wanted that one.

Fourteen months later, I lost the phone. And the best part is that I only discovered that I lost the phone today :-(. That is the price I had to pay for being forgetful and for using a few numbers. :-( It has been so depressing. In my retirement now, there is no way I am going to fork out $$ to buy another 'canggih' phone that I bought last year which came with gps and many other gadgets (*tears*). We have searched the whole house a few times and all our efforts have come to naught. My husband and son are convinced that in my traumatized state (caused by inaccessibility to MT and FMT sites) I must have thrown away the phone :-( when I was clearing the house.

I am very forgetful but I never realized how forgetful until today. :-( Strangely, when I call the number, the phone is ringing. If someone had found it, surely he/she would have removed my sim card and used his own. So their theory that I threw away the phone must be quite correct. Sighs. I backtracked and went to the few restaurants I patronised for the past few days and alas, they said they had not seen it. I recall the last time I used the phone was on Tuesday :-(.

So, I guess I have to come to terms with the loss and use my other ancient phones which no second-hand phone dealer would even look at.

I am posting this poem to psyche myself to feel better :-(. Life goes on and I have to move on...sans my HTC...*tears*...I take responsibility for my forgetfulness and carelessness and idealistic me hopes and prays for a miracle...that perhaps, the phone will suddenly appear...:-). Have a pleasant evening everyone!


Winners Are People Like You

Winners take chances Like everyone else, they fear failing,
but they refuse to let fear control them.

Winners don't give up. When life gets rough, they hang in
until the going gets better.

Winners are flexible. They realize there is more than one
way and are willing to try others.

Winners know they are not perfect. They respect their
weaknesses while making the most of their strengths.

Winners fall but they don't stay down. They stubbornly refuse
to let a fall keep them from climbing.

Winners don't blame fate for their failures, nor luck for their successes.

Winners accept responsibility for their lives.

Winners are positive thinkers who see good in all things.
From the ordinary, they make the extraordinary.

Winners believe in the path they have chosen even when it
is hard, even when others can't see where they are going.

Winners are patient. They know a goal is only worthy
as the effort that is required to achieve it.

Winners are people that believe in themselves.
They make this world a better place to be.

8 comments to Sad but I have to move on

  1. says:

    LC Teh Hope your chocolate comes back to you in one piece...

  1. says:

    Anonymous i've lost my freedom umpteen years ago !

  1. says:

    Unknown luckily its only A phone
    don't sweat over it

    everything happens for a reason

  1. says:

    Wan Sharif Here's hoping that you will get over it!

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear LC Teh

    Thanks! Hey - I miss your writings! It has been some time since you blogged. Hope to read your blog posts soon.

    Take care and thanks for stopping by.

    Blessings to you and yours.

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Anon @ 2.41am

    LOL! Was that when you got married??

    Cheers

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi skippymint

    Thanks! Yes, I do agree with you. There is much to be thankful for and many lessons learnt from this episode - especially how I need to slow down and keep in pace with the ageing process :-).

    Take care and have a blessed weekend!

    Thanks for stopping by to share your encouraging comment.

    Do keep in touch.

    Cheers

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Saudara Wan Sharif

    Selamat Hari Raya Puasa!

    Thanks for stopping by to share your kind comment.

    Yes, I am slowly getting over it and coming to terms with the loss.

    Take care and have a blessed season with your loved ones.

    Salam

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.