Skype Humor

Posted by Unknown On Monday, September 27, 2010 2 comments
The past few days have been pretty lonely days for me because I have not been able to skype chat with my dear friend, Angela. The reason was because she got locked out of her skype account and had forgotten her password. Her son could not help her to retrieve the password because she had also forgotten her password to that email account.



After three Angela-less days, I opened a new skype account for her after registering a new email account for her. I thought all would be fine and piece of cake from thence.

And then when I called her via Skype, it was silent. Her microphone decided to go on strike. I went through the usual trouble-shooting procedure with her.

Mute? Nope.
Audio check - Her speakers were fine but her microphone did not pick up any sound. The green light did not flicker.

Sighs.

So while I had the privilege of talking, she had to respond by typing.

This afternoon, I skyped her as usual and again, it was a one-way conversation.

A most unusual message popped out in the chat:

[4:16:10 PM] **: i hv somehow locked my hp n now no matter what i press pun tak boleh work

Off I went on another round of trouble-shooting - and I told her to press MENU followed by * many times.

It did not work.

Then I checked if she had to enter a password to switch on her handphone as I thought she might have been PUKed by her TELCO. Nope. No, that was not the problem.

In a last ditch effort, I told her to remove her handphone battery and then to replace it.

What battery she asked?

Handphone battery lah!

The following is the exchange we had:

[4:32:31 PM] ***: u dont understand.. there's nothing i can press cos there's no light too..diff to read n i hv to get my magnifiying glass n stay under the light to read
[4:32:38 PM] ***: i cannot press anything
[4:32:45 PM] master: oh simple
[4:32:50 PM] master: open the phone
[4:32:53 PM] master: at the back
[4:32:56 PM] master: remove the battery
[4:33:01 PM] master: then put the battery back

[4:33:05 PM] master: switch it on
[4:33:07 PM] master: it will be ok

[4:33:28 PM] ***: aiyo how to remove battery
[4:33:39 PM] master: push the back cover down

[4:33:43 PM] master: got instructions or an arrow there

Good news! It worked.

[4:37:54 PM] ***: ok mayb u can do an article on my unbelieveable feats..dat shld be a best seller lol
[4:37:55 PM] master: good thing this worked

[4:37:57 PM] master: LOL

[4:38:07 PM] master: actually i was hoping u would say that cos i was thinking of it

[4:38:25 PM] ***: n say hwo i oso dont know my password n donno how to get set up back again, hehe

[4:38:34 PM] master: good thing this worked for if it did not, u would have to take out the SIM card, clean it and put it back again

[4:38:44 PM] master: n that would have killed both of us ...LOL

[4:38:52 PM] ***: see if anyone can provide story to TOP my stupidity
[4:38:58 PM] ***: lol [4:39:06 PM] master: lol

After that, I tried to retrieve her password for her email. Another hilarious round of chicken talks to duck :-).

[5:14:14 PM] master: i am resetting ur password for ***@live.com
[5:14:24 PM] ***: ok
[5:14:27 PM] master: i need: a) your postal code b) the name of ur first pet
[5:15:12 PM] vi*** dats all i know

[5:15:50 PM] master: u dunno ur own address postal code???

*Silence and shocked.

[5:16:03 PM] master: ur address postal code
[5:16:20 PM] ***: email add??
[5:17:08 PM] master: LOL

[5:17:12 PM] master: your post code
[5:17:17 PM] master: eg 123, Jalan Loke Yew
[5:17:19 PM] master: 534500 Kuala Lumpur

[5:17:26 PM] master: 534500 is the post code

[5:17:34 PM] ***: wat post code ohhhh.. i thot it had to do with internet
[5:17:45 PM] ***: ok 7*****
[5:17:54 PM] master: hahahaha

[5:18:02 PM] master: then the name of ur first pet???
[5:18:21 PM] ***: aiyah u hv to tell me everything n don't take for granted ..wat's pet??


LOL!!! Unbelievable ya?? The above exchange is really what happened today...:-)

Beats any joke ya???

Anyway, she could not remember the name of the pet she listed which ranged from parts of the anatomy LOL so this is the message I received from live.com:

This option is temporarily unavailable because incorrect information was entered too many times. Please try another reset option or try again later.

Well, technology has helped me to keep in touch with my dear friends and relatives from all over the world and if not for Skype, I would not be able to build such a close friendship with my dearest Angela.

I wonder if any of you have ever been locked out of your own email/chat accounts. Always keep your password in a safe place and be familiar with the usual password retrieval system and update your security settings.

Do leave a comment to share your experiences. Thanks! Take care and do swing by for the next post later. Cheers! Enjoy your evening!

*At 8.00p.m. Angela's daughter fixed her laptop...and I can finally chat with her...:-)

2 comments to Skype Humor

  1. says:

    Anonymous Thanks to Skype many people save tons of money communicating. Imagine the cost if people called each other from far away land. So many Malaysians have children or relatives in countries around the world and it would have added hundreds of ringgit without Skype.

    Being self trained in PCs and its accessories, you are really quite a sport, ya.
    ~ahoo~

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear ahoo

    Indeed I cannot imagine what my life will be like or my phone bill either LOL if skype did not exist.

    Being a retiree, I have turned to the pc, internet and other stuff to keep sane and occupied :-). Along the way, blogging came into the picture and I have not looked back since. :-)

    Take care and thanks for being an encouragement and a blessing.

    God bless you and yours always!

    Shalom

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.