Oldies but still Goodies

Posted by Unknown On Saturday, February 5, 2011 0 comments
1. I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody.

2. What goes round the house and in the house but never touches the house?

3. When one does not know what it is, then it is something; but when one knows what it is, then it is nothing.

4. Lives without a body, hears without ears, speaks without a mouth, to which the air alone gives birth.

5. Though it is not an ox, it has horns; though it is not an ass, it has a pack-saddle; and wherever it goes it leaves silver behind. What is it?

6. There are four brothers in this world that were all born together. The first runs and never wearies. The second eats and is never full. The third drinks and is always thirsty. The fourth sings a song that is never good.

7. What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?

8. It's been around for millions of years, but it's no more than a month old. What is it?

9. A cloud was my mother, the wind is my father, my son is the cool stream, and my daughter is the fruit of the land. A rainbow is my bed, the earth my final resting place, and I'm the torment of man.

10. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?

ANSWERS

1. Pencil lead
2. The sun
3. A riddle
4. An echo
5. A snail
6. Water, fire, earth, wind
7. Your word
8. The moon
9. Rain
10. The letter M

0 comments to Oldies but still Goodies

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.