Brainteasers are a great way to dust off your critical thinking skills. Here are 10 logic brainteasers that will either stump or stun you! Get the answers for all the 10 riddles first then only check the answers and your scores below. NO CHEATING PLEASE!!!
1. A boy is walking down the road with a doctor. While the boy is the doctor's son, the doctor isn't the boy's father. Then who is the doctor?
2. I am the beginning of sorrow and the end of sickness. You cannot express happiness without me yet I am in the midst of crosses. I am always in risk yet never in danger. You may find me in the sun but I am never out of darkness.
3. When you have me, you immediately feel like sharing me. But if you do share me, you don't have me.
4. What moves more as you take them?
5. When you add two to eleven and get one as the correct answer?
6. The number 8,549,176,320 is a unique number. Why?
7. A man is headed to a mountain along with a lion, a goat, and a basket of vegetables. One the way, he needs to cross a river and the boat can only carry two things at a time. If he takes the vegetables, the lion will eat the goat. If he takes the lion, the goat will eat the vegetables. How does he cross the river?
8. First I threw away the outside and cooked the inside, then I ate the outside and threw away the inside. What did I eat?.
9. What has a mouth but cannot eat, what moves but has no legs and what has a bank but cannot put money in it?
10. What can you hold without ever touching, or using your hands?
Scroll down for answers.
1. The doctor is the boy's mother.
2. The letter S.
3. A secret.
5. When you add two hours to eleven o-clock, you get one o-clock.
6. It is the only number that includes all of the digits arranged in alphabetical order.
7. Trip 1: He takes the goat with him, leaving the lion and the vegetables behind. On reaching the other river bank, he drops off the goat. Trip 2: He then goes back for the lion, leaving the vegetables behind. On reaching the bank this time, he drops the lion and again takes the goat along. Trip 3: He drops off the goat again and takes the vegetables with him to the other shore. Trip 4: Lastly, he comes back for the goat.
8. Corn on the cob.
9. A river.
10. Your breath!
What's Your Score?
0: Back to riddle school with you! Next time, try and think a bit more outside the box, we know you can do it!
1-3: You're a novice riddler, who still misses most but is starting to grasp the basics of riddling.
4-6: You're a riddler in the making, no doubt about it! Your ability to think outside the conventional answers is quite impressive, good for you!
7-10: Are you some kind of super riddler? How did you DO that?? We take our respective hats off before your mighty riddling powers, and can only hope you can teach us your clever, clever ways.
Thanks to Mr TSK for sharing.