MY MOST BELOVED DARLING IS....????

Posted by Unknown On Saturday, February 14, 2009 0 comments
Besides the members of my family, there is ONE other character in my life whom I love to bits.

When I wake up in the morning, I think of him. I wonder what he wants to eat for breakfast and if he has done his rise and shine routine and whether he is working out to keep himself fit and trim.

He knows when I approach him. I guess he can pick up my scent from afar and the lilt in my voice when I call out his name quickens his heartbeat as he rushes to the door to greet me. And when I look at his eyes, I see nothing but love and adoration there. Who can resist falling in love with him who has so much love and devotion to give to me?

This morning, I was hit by the stark realization that Mishy is growing old as his feet are not as nimble as they used to be. His movements are stiffer and there will soon come a time when his heart will beat no more and I will weep so bitterly because I know that somehow, it will be very difficult for me to carry on living without him. That is one of the reasons why my husband does not want me to have any dogs and has declared that Mishy will be the last pet that I can have :(.

He came into this world on the first Saturday of June, 2007 when we were in KL. We had left my older boy behind as he had lectures and had to give music lessons. Although we were well aware that his mother had almost reached full term, we never expected Mei Mei to deliver her puppies when we were away. So, we had to give instructions via our mobile phones and then rushed home to Penang to save my babies!!!

While at Carrefour in Wangsa Maju, my older boy called me on the handphone and with a panicky voice declared that Mei Mei had delivered two puppies. From previous experiences, he knew that the daddy Kiki had to be separated for otherwise, he would devour the poor babies.

From the time he was a puppy, he was naughtier than his brother Mushy(pic above), whom my hubby believes to be quite retarded.

Since we had about 7 hamsters at that time namely his parents Mei Mei and Kiki(pic above) his grandma Mimi, and a month later his siblings Sushi and Sashimi from the second litter, we gave him away to Michelle who bought him a luxurious hamster double-storey cage with a built-in roller coaster thingy and high-tech cartwheel. And so we thought he would enjoy his more affluent lifestyle. Sadly, that was not to be the case for he fretted and did not eat and moped around in a languid fashion till Michelle decided to return him to us.
Since his return to our home, Mishy has etched a permanent place in our hearts. Of all the hamsters I have reared, Mishy and his granny Mimi are the smartest. Mimi is the only hamster who licked me to show her love and when she was alive, could run with me and when she reached the end of the room, would promptly make a U-turn and run back to the cage and wait for me. Mishy knows when I go near his cage and would beg me for sunflower seeds and other goodies such as broccoli stems.

Truly, there are so many things that I have learnt from all my pets - their unabashed devotion and love for me and the way they express their love through their eyes. I do not know how much longer Mishy can live. His brother Mushy had a short life while Sushi and Sashimi had very short life spans too as Mei Mei gave birth to them a month after she delivered Mishy and Mushy. After that, we separated Mei Mei and Kiki (who was always trying to you-know-what his dear wife) after her third litter died...for we feared that she might conceive again. Sadly, Kiki died from a broken heart from that separation and Mei Mei never recovered as well. *sigh*

Sometimes, it is so difficult to understand animals, let alone adults or children! But whatever the case, I know they have filled my life with so much love and it would never be the same without them. I know I spoil Mishy to bits because I handfeed him and as a result, he has become very picky with food. My hubby says he is glad I only spoil hamsters and not the boys haha!

So, in closing, on Valentine's Day today, let it be a day not only for showing love to our spouses or family members, but let us remember our beloved pets as well.

Here's one of my favorite videos. Warning - I have watched it hundreds of times but each time I watch it, I still cry ....and miss my beloved pets and loved ones soooooooo much...and it has truly taught me to EMBRACE THE MOMENT and to REMEMBER LOVE!!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! CELEBRATE LOVE....PLEASE CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK..

http://doyourememberlove.com/narratedmovie.html


0 comments to MY MOST BELOVED DARLING IS....????

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.