MASKS

Posted by Unknown On Wednesday, March 4, 2009 6 comments

Don't be fooled by the face I wear,

for I wear a thousand masks,

And none of them are me.

Don't be fooled, for goodness sake, don't be fooled.

Comedy/Tragedy Masks Pictures, Images and Photos

I give you the impression that I'm secure,

that confidence is my name and coolness is my game,

And that I need no one.

But don't believe me.


Masks Pictures, Images and Photos

Beneath dwells the real me in confusion, in aloneness, in fear.

That's why I create a mask to hide behind,

to shield me from the glance that knows,

But such a glance is precisely my salvation.


That is, if it's followed by acceptance, if it's followed by love.

It's the only thing that can liberate me from my own self-built prison walls.

I'm afraid that deep down I'm nothing and that I'm just no good,

And that you will reject me.

Full Mardi Gras Mask Pictures, Images and Photos

And so begins the parade of masks.

I idly chatter to you.

I tell you everything that's really nothing and

Nothing of what's everything, of what's crying within me.


Please listen carefully and try to hear what I'm not saying.

I'd really like to be genuine and spontaneous, and me.

But you've got to help me.

You've got to hold out your hand.


Purple & Black Eyemask Pictures, Images and Photos

Each time you're kind and gentle, and encouraging,

Each time you try to understand because you really care,

My heart begins to grow wings, feeble wings, but wings.


With your sensitivity and sympathy, and your power of understanding,

You alone can release me from my shallow world of uncertainty.

It will not be easy for you.

The nearer you approach me, The blinder I may strike back.

Mask Pictures, Images and Photos

But I'm told that Love is stronger than strong walls,

And in this lies my only hope.

Please try to beat down these walls with firm hands

But gentle hands, for a child is very sensitive.


Who am I, you wonder.

I am every man you meet,

and also every woman that you meet,

And I am you, also.


Masks Pictures, Images and Photos

-Author Unknown-

6 comments to MASKS

  1. says:

    ndhaniya Very nice poem. Forgive me if i'm being tactless- is everything alright with you?? If you have skype, we really should do that sometime! :) xoxo

  1. says:

    Unknown My dear Nisha,

    Thanks so much for asking...Er..I am not really ok...medical problem which must be sorted out but I don't have the guts to do it. :(. Perhaps Dr. Nisha can advise ;)...

    Yes, I do have Skype..ID = masterwordsmith. Please add me. Best time for me is anytime at night (Malaysian time) after 8p.m. Message me via Facebook first cos I do not log in unless I know someone wants to talk to me...

    Well dear, proves that we are connected. Actually, I knew you would like the poem. Had to take out 2 illustrations cos they exceeded the feedburner ...Talk to you soon, ya?

    Hugs and much love

  1. says:

    princess maleiha bajunaid candao This is one post that must be read. A brilliant peace.

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi Bai Maleha B. Candao,

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment. I love this poem too and spent ages looking for the illustrations.

    I must say the same of your post on forgiveness too which I enjoyed so much because I can relate to it as well.

    You are from Philippines, right? So I must say ingat to you :-).

    Take care and please come again.

    Blessings to you and yours.

  1. says:

    Walt I can't help but wonder about the Masterwordssmith.
    There is something so familiar about you, that it seems impossiable for you to be half a world away.

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi Walt,

    Yes, I feel the same way...I can relate to your writings and that of Bai as well..Who knows? Perhaps we have some connection somehow...It will be known soon in due time..:-) Take care and have a great weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.