SUKIYAKI, SAKE AND SINUSITIS

Posted by Unknown On Sunday, March 29, 2009 1 comments
It has been five days since I got sick and the hoarse frog-like voice of mine has turned into a raspy Cher-like voice or so I hope. My boy says I still sound like a man. I am on my second course of antibiotics and am having a full-blown sinusitis with very bad post-nasal drip problems. I have not had a decent night's sleep since last Sunday because the post-nasal drip is worsened when I am in a horizontal position. I actually sat upright to try to sleep last night!! So, when a girlfriend invited me for Japanese dinner tonight to celebrate her job review, I agreed wholeheartedly to share her joy and also to have a welcome break from the week's monotony.

Upon arrival at Chikuma Japanese Restaurant, I ordered a Sukiyaki set while she had a sashimi set. We also ordered Salmon maki and hot sake. I was apprehensive about the sake but my girlfriend claimed that it would clear my sinus and she could not be more wrong. Halfway through the dinner, I could feel my sphenoid sinuses and maxillary sinuses throbbing...

You cannot imagine the groggy state I have been in for the past few days. I made so many silly mistakes and am amazed I did not wrongly post something in my blogs. Ah - but that is because I schedule most of my posts a week in advance. So if I am not making sense now, know that it is because I am really so groggy and my back pain is getting worse as a result of sitting in the cubicle of the restaurant - most unsuitable for someone with a back injury. I cannot understand why so many Japanese restaurants inlcuding Jurin and Kirishima at Cititel Hotel like that sort of interior decor because the upright back support is certainly very bad for one's posture when seated.

I hate being ill. I am seldom sick but when I do get sick, I take a long time to recover. Now, I just wish to be able to sleep properly, breathe normally and oh to sing again and to talk in my normal voice. One thing is for sure - I have to be very committed to regain my fitness level once I recover from this minor setback and I will certainly be pumping myself with lots of fruits. Serves me right for drinking so much cold milk on Monday morning - that certainly triggered my sinus attack and because of my weak resistance due to lack of exercise, the whole thing became a full-blown sinus attack.

So have a good evening dear reader and sorry for griping here. May you have good health and abundant blessing and a great week ahead!

1 comments to SUKIYAKI, SAKE AND SINUSITIS

  1. says:

    Anonymous The doctor will prescribes antibiotics for bacterial sinusitis, you may need to take them for as long as 3 weeks. If you really want to feel better, get plenty of rest and fluids so that your body's immune system can work along with the antibiotics to fight the infection.

    Feel free to view our site Integrated Clinics of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (ICOHNS). It is a center for the diagnosis, therapeutic and rehabilitative management of ENT-Head and Neck concerns.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.