EVERYTHING TASTES GREAT WHEN DINING WITH OUR LOVED ONES

Posted by Unknown On Saturday, April 18, 2009 0 comments
Any meal tastes wonderful when shared with our loved ones. This evening, I had the opportunity to take my cousin to one of my favorite Chinese restaurants called Everyday Supreme which is on the first floor of Red Rock Hotel, Macalister Road.

Usually, when it comes to meals, I am most indecisive with regards to where to dine. It would probably shock you to know that I made reservations at two restaurants - Everyday Supreme and The Sire and was still uncertain as to where to go when I picked up my cousin. I was thinking of Northern Indian cuisine which I love, or maybe Japanese food or even Kah Hock's Beach Blanket Babylon at Upper Penang Road.

Even when we were cruising down Macalister Road, all of us could not decide on the venue for our meal. Then, I pushed the decision to my patient hubby who decided on Everyday Supreme. We could not find a parking lot along Aboo Sittee Lane so we detoured to another of my favorite restaurants - Mama's Nyonya Restaurant. Upon discovering that we would have to dine outside, we left and drove to Red Rock Hotel. I was deeply disappointed because while parking outside Mama's, I had already made a note of what to order - including Wild Boar Curry, Kerabu Sayur Rumi, Fish Head Curry and Jiu Hoo Char.

After parking our car at Red Rock Hotel, we made our way to the restaurant. By then, I was almost at the brink of collapse because I was soooooo hungry as I had cut down on my food intake and had been exercising. In fact, I lost two pounds this week, on target. Happily, we ordered within 5 minutes after we were seated and about ten minutes later, the first dish came - a homemade appetiser of a deep fried batter filled with koo chye and ground ikan bilis and other stuff wrapped in a circular piece of pita bread. What a delightful appetiser!


Next was stir fried ostrich meat in black pepper sauce which was a feast to the palate. Springy and unusually textured, the meat was finely marinaded and stir fried to perfection with generous helpings of chillies, green peppers, onions and carrot. My cousin just loved it!


The next dish is one which my whole family never fails to enjoy. The delicious taste of salted eggs, century eggs, and eggs cooked with spinach in creamy gravy burst in our mouths and I always just swirl my tongue around to relish the different flavours of the eggs that blended perfectly with the spinach. Yummy!!!

Another dish we enjoyed was the steamed bean curd - a definite MUST TRY if ever you visit that restaurant. The texture of the smooth bean curd had an almost satin feel when my spoon sank into the bean curd. As I savored the dish, I allowed the taste of bean curd to just flood my mouth. I have no idea what meat/s is are used for this dish but certainly, they are of different taste, texture and hardness.

The signature dish of the restaurant, one that almost every group will order, is none other than the delicious prawn curry that is served with deep fried Bengali bread. After the waitress serves the curry, she will bring a plate of the Bengali bread and proceed to cut it into bite size pieces. Although some may find it spicy, it might surprise you that this curry, has the taste of the typical Mamak prawn curry.


While enjoying dinner, my cousin revealed some shocking news - the daughter of one of our cousins just had a heart attack last week. Her driver drove her to Penang to see my uncle and drove home shortly after. Upon arrival, she had severe chest pains and was rushed to the hospital where it was diagnosed as a heart attack and that one of her main valves was 98% blocked!!!! She was in the ICU for a few days after her operation where she had a stent inserted in the angioplasty. We were all quite depressed after that because she is only in her late 30's and has a three-year old boy!

By that time, it was time for dessert and we selected Hoy's favorite peanut soup with wor pang (Chinese pancakes). Much to our disappointment, the waitress told us that the kitchen had run out of the pancake and we enjoyed the peanut butter soup nonetheless, sans pancake. And here we are, all looking stuffed...He will be leaving for US on Tuesday morning and I know a very big part of my heart will go with him...Love you lots, Hoy! Bon voyage and see you again soon!!!


0 comments to EVERYTHING TASTES GREAT WHEN DINING WITH OUR LOVED ONES

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.