IF EVER - Poem

Posted by Unknown On Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2 comments
I'll never forget that gaze of yours that was steady and slow
When I first saw you that night
The magical way in which your eyes seemed to glow
In the warm and gentle light.

If every time I thought of you and how our love lasts forever
Drops of rain should begin to fall,
And we could both swim happily together
In the biggest and deepest ocean of them all

If every time I reached for you at night to draw you closer
A lovely flower would bloom anew
Then together we could walk forever
In my garden of love that grew because of you.

If every time I imagined your warm and beautiful smile
A star would be burning bright in sight
Darkness would never again fall upon this earth
Because of our endless love so bright

If every time I needed you whenever my world is spinning
A bird would suddenly burst into song
And our symphony would keep on playing
Long after we are both gone

If only I had one magical wish of you
That could keep you always right beside me
I would not be sitting here writing this poem of fantasy
But we would be holding each other closely and so tenderly.....

Version 2 rewritten on 7th April 2009
Version 1 written in April 2007

2 comments to IF EVER - Poem

  1. says:

    ocho-onda What if, what if, that is the question. I hope your poem has a happy ending that your fantasy became a reality ! :-)
    Have to go. Cheers.

  1. says:

    Unknown Ah...that is what love is all about - fantasy of feelings turning into the reality in life...

    Have a good day!

    cheer

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.