IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER...

Posted by Unknown On Saturday, April 18, 2009 0 comments
I would have talked less
and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to
dinner even if the carpet was
stained and the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in
the “GOOD” living room and
worried much less about the dirt
when someone wanted to light
a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to
listen to my grandfather ramble
about his youth.

I would never have insisted the car
windows be rolled up on a summer
day because my hair had just
been teased and sprayed.

I would have burned the pink candle
sculpted like a rose before it
melted in storage.

I would have sat on the lawn
with my children and not
worried about grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less
while watching television and
more while watching life.

I would have gone to bed when I was
sick instead of pretending the earth
would go into a holding pattern if
I weren’t there for the day.

I would never have bought anything
just because it was practical,
wouldn’t show soil, or was
guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine
months of pregnancy, I’d have
cherished every moment realizing
that the wonderment growing inside
me was the only chance in life to
assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously,
I would never have said,
“Later. Now go get washed up for dinner.”

There would have been more “I love
you's” … more “I’m sorry's”….but mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute…. look at it and really see it… live it… and never give it back.

by Erma Bombeck

0 comments to IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.