LIFE IS AN ADVENTURE - LIVE IT!

Posted by Unknown On Tuesday, April 14, 2009 2 comments
To me, I often think of life as an adventure. Some days, I wake up feeling energetic and attack my household chores with much energy and enthusiasm. Other days, if the weather gets too dreary, I get bogged down with the gloomy atmosphere. All in all, our perspective to life determines the type of experiences that we can reap from it.

1. Life is an Adventure

Life can be an adventure if we are usually looking for something new to break the monotony of routine or to get to somewhere we have never been before.

2. Life can be like a tour to an exotic spot

When we go on a tour, we make grand plans and then make those dreams and plans come true. Similarly, we should do the same in our daily lives and plan our schedule so that we can maximise every second instead of letting it slip away in the twinkling of an eye.

3. Life is like an open classroom

Each day of my life, I wake up with the expectancy that something wonderful will happen. I have the hope that the new day will be different because I can learn and grow intellectually and be smarter than what I was. It is so different from my younger days when I was grumpy and negative. Boy am I glad I have changed.

4.Life is a dynamic experience where there could be diversions

You know, I used to have a very rigid personality and always wanted things to work out MY way and if things went out of synch, I would be so upset.

But now that I am older, what the heck! Yeah, we may have plans but sometimes it is the diversions that bring us the spice of life. What about you? Are you diversion averse? Now I allow myself to get out of the box. Life is short and you can take some diversions. That will put some adventure in your life!

5. Live life with an expectation that there can be breakdowns:

Have you ever gone on a holiday that didn’t have breakdowns? Not many.Yet, years later, we laugh and remember them clearly. But we did not do so at the point when it occurred. What about your life? Are you frustrated by the the hiccups in your life? Try looking at them from the perspective that you have 20 years from now. That will make a whole lot of difference!

6. A focus on fun:

When we live our lives, an over emphasis on achievement can be so burdening and depressing. In my classes, I always tell my students - enjoy the term paper or enjoy the homework or even enjoy studying for the test and of course they will look at me as though I am an alien from another planet.. But if we enjoy living (not in excesses of course), life is worth living because our walk will be lighter, smiler broader and heart happier.

7. A clear destination:

Ultimately, our life must have a clear destination which is our goals that give us purpose. What about your life? Do you have a clear aim and purpose that you are working toward? Set your sights on a clear destination! Treat and live life as an adventure and live it to the fullest!

God bless you!

2 comments to LIFE IS AN ADVENTURE - LIVE IT!

  1. says:

    Anonymous Life is like a giant karipap. You won't know what's inside until you have sunk your first bite. *grins*

  1. says:

    Unknown Wow! Good one, Andrea....Thanks for that witty comment.

    Take care.

    Cheers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.