THE VALUE OF SUCCESS

Posted by Unknown On Thursday, September 17, 2009 0 comments
Long time back, being born and raised in England in English literature class : I read a poem in my English Literature book which said: "Success is counted sweetest By those who ne'ev succeed. To comprehend a nectar Requires sorest need."

The poetess had then moved on to describe a battle scene in which the successful people, after winning the battle, rejoice and bask in the glory of success. On the other hand, we have a man, who after losing the battle is lying in the battle field, awaiting his death.

One thing which really got me confused was: How can a person, who has never succeeded in life, understand the meaning of success? I even argued with my teacher saying that the poem was absolutely meaningless. After all, how can a person, who is a loser, understand the value and meaning of success? And my teacher answered by telling me that there are few things which cannot be explained. They can just be experienced with time. At that point of time, I therefore concluded that the poetess was a confused person who somehow got entangled in the intricacies of the meaning of success, and ended up creating an inexplicable poem. Little did I know that as I grow up, I will have to be sorry for my thoughts.

The day I tasted my first failure was the day I understood the true value and meaning of success. That was the day I understood that the poetess had beautifully described the meaning of success and its value through uncomplicated words and a practical example. That was the day I felt ashamed of my ignorance. That was the day I felt a strong urge to say a sorry to the poetess and my teacher for being naive. And that was the day I understood the meaning of success.

Are you having the same feelings I had as an inexperienced kid? Well, let me just make this clear by giving you some examples and explanations.
Consider an entrepreneur, who wants to make it big. He's invested all he had into a business which he thinks has a lot of potential. Somehow, things did not work out well, and he loses all his money. On the other hand, we have another entrepreneur, who in a similar fashion, invested all his money into a business and the business took off well and now he is one among the well-known, rich and successful people. Who do you think knows the true value of success? The entrepreneur who lost or the one who tasted success in the first go?

Let us consider another example in which we take an instance from our daily life. Imagine a student. He has done his goal setting and planned how he wants to complete his syllabus. He's worked hard for the whole year because he wanted to perform well in his examination. Somehow, he could not perform well in his paper. What is the value of success for him? What is the meaning of success for him?

Friends, the true meaning of success is understood only by people who've been failures at some point in their lives. A person who has always been in a win-win situation can never value success the way a person who has failed in his life does. For successful people, Success is just a small word which means achievements. For a loser, success can mean his life. He can do anything for being successful. A failed attempt makes a person work harder and forces him to put more efforts in his future endeavors.

A failure makes you realize the importance of success. It makes you understand how important achievements are in a person's life. It gives you the strength to face the adversities of life. It makes you recognize your potentials, your drawbacks and your strong points. It helps you in analyzing what went wrong, and makes you learn from your mistakes. A failure is very important in the development of a balanced human being. A person, who has experienced both success and failure in his life, is the one who has understood the actual meaning of life. But this doesn't mean that you start failing deliberately. If you are from the lucky lot who keeps winning all the time, thank your luck and be happy!

If the content of this article is still not clear to you, my suggestion to you is: "My Friend, Some things in life are inexplicable. The true value and meaning of success will be clear to you with time."

------------------------------------------
This post was taken from Article Street and was written by Stephen C Campbell (Business Consultant, Master NLP Practitioner) who has published more information on discovering the secrets to living a truly prosperous life at THIS LINK.

0 comments to THE VALUE OF SUCCESS

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.