ANGER MANAGEMENT :-)

Posted by Unknown On Thursday, May 20, 2010 28 comments
My dear friend, Angela, sent me the following pics which I hope will bring a smile to your face...Take care and have a lovely day!



Someone said, "This explains why my breath stinks sometimes. No matter how many times I brush my teeth.......Ugh...!!" LOL!!

These two pics bring to remembrance an incident when a former student visited me after being away for two years. Note. This is a TRUE STORY that jives so well with the two pics!!!

She complained endlessly about her housemate who was late in paying the rental, her share of the utilities and would also use my former student's toiletries and detergents. So I asked her what she did to cope with the stress of having such a housemate.

After reminding her countless times, there was one occasion when she dipped her delinquent house mate's toothbrush in the toilet bowl after she did her business.

I gulped.

Then she put diluted softener in an empty bottle of washing detergent to see if indeed her housemate was using her stuff. Indeed she was!!!

After a few confrontations and refusals to pay the rental, she used the bacteria culture she had been cultivating and mixed it in the house mate's rice which had just been cooked.

I nearly fainted when she told me this!!!

Apparently, she had the runs and er...paid up the rentals soon enough. Subsequently, she was asked to leave.

In the one year that I taught her, I never knew she had this in her :-). But then again, she was one of my best students and we never got into each other's bad books! What a relief!!! *winks* It is rare to find a gutsy young lady with brains, courage and character. She is a very lovely girl and even after six years, we are still in touch.

Anyway, take care and have an anger-free day!!!

28 comments to ANGER MANAGEMENT :-)

  1. says:

    Raymond Each day,
    before you say an unkind word - think of someone who can't speak.

    Each day,
    before you complain about the taste of your food - think of someone who has nothing to eat.

  1. says:

    Anonymous The Election Commission claimed it had no power to probe allegations Datuk Seri Najib Razak had committed an election offence during the Sibu by-election with his pitch to solve flash floods there if Barisan Nasional retained the Parliamentary seat.

    ~~ Malaysian Insider

    Can we have an anger-free day?

  1. says:

    Kampung Girl Are we not now living in a high-pressure, high-stress society?

    The key to living in a stress-filled society actually lies in feeling the suffering of others as our own.

    Have a nice day!

  1. says:

    Cat-from-Sydney Eeeeuuuwww...I wouldn't want to cross your student's path too. Wonder what whe'll do to me...you know, I can be cheeky sometimes. Just last night, a current affairs program was showing neighbours' feud and what they do to each other. There's this one neighbour who sprays mortein into his rival's bathroom - toothbrush, towels etc smell of mortein. So mean.
    Aunty Paula, wish we can send you some hot chicken broth. purrr....meow!

  1. says:

    Anonymous Your ex-student doing that?
    Unbelievable!

  1. says:

    Anonymous Bung Moktar Radin cheated his wife. Chua Soi Lek cheated his wife.

    Wow, two great heroes!

    Malaysia Boleh!

    Cheeeeeers!

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Raymond

    Thank you for those inspirational words. We must remember to be thankful for what we have, even for what we don't...and to pray for those who are in need too.

    God bless you and yours always.

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Anon @ 8.05am

    There is no point in getting angry because it achieves nothing...but we must work solidly to see that PR finishes its journey in Putrajaya.

    Take care and God bless!

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Kampung Girl

    Whilst we may be enjoying the comforts of modern day life, we cannot deny that it is also more stressful with so much more pressure and expectations to conform and sometimes, something has to go -our temper or something else...

    Laughter is a good way of releasing stress - it is safer than bottling it within us.

    Take care and have a nice day!

    Cheers

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Cat-in-Sydney

    That is so scary. How on earth did they catch that on video?

    Thanks so much, dearie. Just the thought of you and the chicken broth has made me feel better. Take care and have a great day!

    Salam

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Anon @ 9.54am

    After 20 odd years in teaching, I have met all kinds of characters and have actually blogged extensively about it.

    You should read my post about how a group of students punctured my car tyre for three consecutive weeks when I was expecting my second son. I did not scold them but told them that if anything happened to me, it would a loss of two lives, not one. I did not confront anyone but I just made a general statement. Nothing happened to my car or to me after that.

    In the early years of my teaching, I made many mistakes - one of which was judging people and trying to fit them into my mould of 'perfection' which was highly flawed.

    Through the years and via the university of hard knocks, I realize that love and acceptance is the key.

    In the first school that I taught, most of the kids were gangsters, rejects and kids who came from a varied background. Gang clashes occurred occasionally. I took my role as a form tutor very seriously and spent lots of time counselling them. Amazingly, for my Kertas Am class then (1985), I had almost 100% passes. Then the principal, the late Mr Ho Wai Foon asked me what I did with the students. That was when I realized I would make teaching my career. Today, quite a few of them are very successful in their career despite their past - some in teaching, one in law and one a pilot and one is running a tour business and another is a professional diver.

    Through the years, I learnt that having a listening ear is very important. Listening objectively is very difficult, especially if one is expressive like me ie with facial expressions - because it can affect how others will relate to us later.

    It is better to build a relationship and then help the person, rather than adopt a didactic approach and then lose the relationship.

    By the time she related the incident to me, the relationship had already progressed to friendship. Of course I was horrified but whilst I do not condone such acts, I did go on to share with her how it is wise to choose our house mates carefully and to control our anger wisely.

    At the same time, I also remember that once upon a time, I was young...a student ...and a cheeky one...and what a difference it would have made to my life if someone had reached out to me in love...and not in judgement.

    Life is full of experiences and it is up to us to make the best of it. Take care and may you be blessed with life-transforming experiences too!

    Have a great day!

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Anon @ 9.58am

    It speaks volumes about the type of heroes who are making headlines!

    Cheers!

  1. says:

    Anonymous The Election Commission is peddling big Mac when that is itself under a cloud and inspires no public confidence like the EC itself.

    Speaking of going around in circles!

    ~wits0~

  1. says:

    Apa Nama Looking at this couple sitting side by side, I can assume that they are very loving.

    Nothing bothers them, actually!

  1. says:

    Anonymous Controversial Umno mouthpiece, Utusan Malaysia, must transform itself if it wishes to stay relevant, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak said today.

    ~~ Malaysian Insider

    After the two by-elections, Najib must have learned a good lesson!

    Bravo, Najib!

  1. says:

    Anonymous We are fallen men with sin and thus anger and sinful nature are part of our life. But that is not an excuse to continue in it nor indulge in it. Everyone of us will get angry in one way or the other and how we handle it, that's is the topic of discussion. Not an easy thing to do neither should we avoid it altogether.

    John 8:7
    Jesus faced a mob that was eager to execute a woman caught in adultery. He put a stop to it with a simple challenge: anyone who has no sin in their life should step forward and throw the first stone.

    The above sentence is often cited as a reminder to avoid judging others when there are faults in your own life that need to be addressed. Whenever we are angry over certain issues, we need to address ourselves first. Reflect on why that issue arises and look at it from another perspective.

    Most of all, see it through the eyes of a loving God. We can be racial but not racists as quoted by the late Dr Tan Chee Khoon. See the beauty of creation and know that each new day itself is a miracle. We are all created differently. Everyone of us will face adversity in our life and it is how we react it that will determine our destiny.

    A smile a day keeps the wrinkle away! Cheers.
    ~ahoo~

  1. says:

    Anonymous thanks ! now i know how to use my bini's tooth brush ...hehehehe !

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear ~wits0~

    Spot on in your comment! Some like to use circular reasoning to the land of nowhere!

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Apa Nama

    Ah - still water runs deep sometimes and appearances can be deceiving ;-).

    Take care and have a nice day!

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Anon @ 11.48am

    Thanks for the alert. I have also written a post about this issue. I sincerely hope our PM will take further action to guide UM.

    Take care and have a nice day!

    Salam

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear ahoo

    Actually I posted a comment earlier before the technical glitch and it did not appear because I did not repost it until a few minutes ago. Yours was reposted because I knew about the glitch then.

    If you see my comment, I concur with you. We have to learn to listen with an open heart before we can help others and by doing so, we make a friend and not an enemy.

    It is not easy to do so...I learnt after making tons of mistakes but in the process, as I became older, I picked up precious lessons from here and there and from those with whom I came into contact, including you.

    Thank you very much for being a blessing.

    God bless you always.

    Shalom

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Anon @ 12.05pm

    Alamak! Then your bini will come after me. Take care and have a nice day!

  1. says:

    Anonymous Yes, I did read your post about how a group of students punctured your car tyre for three consecutive weeks when you were expecting your second son.

    Students can be very cruel, too!

    Anon @ 9.54am

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Anon @ 9.54am

    Thank you so much for swinging by again to check my response and to leave another comment. I appreciate your gesture of kindness. Wow! You've actually read that post - which means you must have been following my blog for some time. I am touched!!!!

    You are right. Students and people in modern society can be cruel. That is the price mankind has paid for progress...but let's continue to break that trend! :-)

    Take care and God bless you and your loved ones always!

    Shalom

  1. says:

    Catherine Being happy is the priority of living...

  1. says:

    rainstorm Those pictures & what was written brings chuckles . Is so funny ! Thats a good one !!!!

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Catherine

    Indeed!!! Some people find happiness far too elusive and spend a lifetime chasing it!

    Let's treasure happy moments always and remember the sad moments and the lessons therein.

    Take care and God bless!

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear rainstorm

    Thanks for laughing with me :-). Glad you enjoyed this post. Take care and have a lovely evening!

    Cheers

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.