A MOST UNUSUAL LIST

Posted by Unknown On Saturday, July 10, 2010 6 comments
In my younger days, I used to discuss leisure pursuits with my friends. By the time each of us got married, the conversations centred on the kids. These days, when I meet my old friends, we no longer exchange information about the share market but compare the readings for our blood pressure, cholesterol levels and tips to keep our joints in working condition! The following list is a hilarious ABC list for old age. Enjoy the humor but remember to treasure life and to take care of your health. God bless you! Have a fantastic weekend!
______________________________________________________________________
A's for arthritis,
B's the bad back,
C's the chest pains - perhaps car-d-iac?

D is for dental decay and decline,
E is for eyesight, can't read that top line!
F is for fissures and fluid retention,
G is for gas which I'd rather not mention.

H is high blood pressure - I'd rather it low;
I is for incisions with scars you can show...
J is for joints, out of socket, won't mend,
K is for knees that crack when they bend.

L is for libido, what happened to sex?
M is for memory, I forget what comes next.
N is neuralgia, in nerves way down low;
O is for osteo, the bones that don't grow!

P is for prescriptions, I have quite a few, just give me a pill and I'll be good as new!
Q is for queasy, is it fatal or flu?
R is for reflux, one meal turns to two.

S is for sleepless nights, counting my fears,
T is for Tinnitus - there's bells in my ears!
U is for urinary... big troubles with flow;
V is for vertigo, that's "dizzy," you know.

W is for worry - NOW what's going 'round?
X is for X ray, and what might be found;
Y is another year I'm left here behind,
Z is for zest that I still have - in my mind.

I've survived all the symptoms, my body's deployed, and I am keeping twenty-six doctors fully employed!

6 comments to A MOST UNUSUAL LIST

  1. says:

    HotDogg All in a day’s work…here’s my ABCs…
    A Arrival after a long and tiring flight
    B Bed to lie down after 20 hours of restricted mobility
    C Check in to a hotel
    D Don’t call me over the next 12 hours as I’m completely zonked
    E Energy resumed
    F Feast like I had not eaten for the last 12 hours
    G Get started…calls client
    H Hi Bob it’s me, Little Corgi! How are you?
    I I just flew in…what’s the itinerary for today?
    J Jesus…Am I late for the meeting?!
    K Keep the coffee warm for me…I won’t be long
    L Laptop, briefing notes, cologne, I’m off…
    M Meeting starts
    N Not everyone’s on the same page
    O Offers middle ground
    P Pushy MFs trying to break me
    Q Quite naturally, the meeting lasted 5 hours
    R Rush for another meeting to do presentation
    S Specially difficult MFs again
    T Try to accommodate ridiculous demands
    U Usually give in to their ridiculous demands before meeting adjourns
    V Very tired and hungry by now
    W Wish you were here with me enjoying a Beef Bourguignon and a bottle of Cotes de Bourg
    X X as in above 18…so can’t disclose details :-)
    Y Yawn! Better get back to hotel…
    Z ZZZZZzzzzzzz Goodnight…

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Little Corgi

    You are so amazing to be able to weave a tale this way! Most entertaining indeed. You can definitely go into copy writing or showbiz for scripts if ever you give up your canine pursuits :-) Woof!

    Take care and have a great weekend chasing your tail.

    *winks*

    Cheers

  1. says:

    HotDogg Me good at copy writing?!! Yeah right! But seriously, I can't accept that credit because when compared to you I'm like a gecko against a dinasaur. You churn out articles so fast, you're like the newspapers...a one-woman publishing house...Superman will have a hard time chasing after your articles...at the speed you write I'm already exhausted just looking at the new posts before I even begin to read 'em. And all so brilliantly written and/or well researched.

    Honestly, you write so furiously fast I can feel the energy burning at my ass! Man!!

  1. says:

    Anonymous A for apple
    B for boy
    C for ca.... cash !

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Little Corgi

    My dear canine pal, thanks for your kind comments. However, I still stand by my claim that you are a better writer and thinker than moi. You see - geckos are nimble and speedy unlike big, bulky and old archaic dinosaurs like me.

    LOL! Me - one-woman publishing house...hehe *curtsies* More like one female blog addict's rants in cyberspace.

    I admit I have typing speed but am sure your thinking speed is faster than mine...I wish I had your sharp perspective and wit not forgetting your flair in words.

    While you can feel the heat burning at your derriere, I can feel that fats growing in mine!! LOL!!!

    Thanks for the laughs :-p. Take care and have a fun-filled weekend!

    Woof woof!

    Cheers

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Anon @ 8.07am

    Ah - I see you are moving with the life and times of Bolehland! :-)

    Thanks for sharing. Take care and have a great Sunday!

    Cheers

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.