Another Dose of Love

Posted by Unknown On Saturday, July 14, 2012 0 comments
Experience is in the fingers and the head. The heart is inexperienced.
Henry David Thoreau

One lives in the hope of becoming a memory.
Antonio Porchia

Unsatisfied desire is in itself more desirable than any other satisfaction.
C.S. Lewis

A dress makes no sense unless it inspires men to want to take it off you.
Francois Sagan

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
Theodore Hesburgh

Friendship is love minus sex and plus reason. Love is friendship plus sex and minus reason.
Mason Cooley

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than it was because he was he, and I was I.
Montaigne

Of my friends, I am the only one I have left.
Terence

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
Abraham Lincoln

You cannot be friends upon any other terms than upon the terms of equality.
Woodrow Wilson

A friend is one before whom I may think aloud.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Love demands infinitely less than friendship.
George Jean Nathan

If we were all given by magic the power to read each other's thoughts, I suppose the first effect would be to dissolve all friendships.
Bertrand Russel

But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the forest, a little Boy and his Bear will always be playing.
Winnie-the-Pooh

There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends. That magnet is unselfishness, thinking of others first...when you learn to live for others, they will live for you.
Paramahansa Yogananda



We love without reason, and without reason we hate.
Jean-Francois Reynard

Hell, madame, is to love no longer.
Georges Bernanos

Home is not where you live, but where they understand you.
Christian Morgenstern

Make yourself necessary to somebody.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Love is like racing across the frozen tundra on a snowmobile which flips over, trapping you underneath. At night, the ice-weasels come.
Unknown

Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.
Joan Crawford

Hate is not the opposite of love: apathy is.
Rollo May

Anyone can hate. It costs to love.
John Williamson

Never let a fool kiss you or a kiss fool you.
Unknown

Never exaggerate your faults. Your friends will attend to that.
Robert C. Edwards

'Tis not love's going hurts my days,
but that it went in little ways.
Edna St. Vincent Millay

Immature love says 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'
Erich Fromm

Where there is love, there is pain.
Spanish proverb

There is so little difference between husbands that you might as well keep the first.
Adela Rogers St. John

Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other.
Rainer Maria Rilke

No love, no friendship can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever.
Francois Mauriac

I no longer cared about survival: only to be merely loved.
Loren Eiseley

The heart that has truly loved never forgets
But as truly loves on to the close.
Thomas More

Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love all year round, madam; that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals.
Beaumarchais

The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person.
V. Putnam

In the act of loving someone you arm them against you.
Anonymous

If we are to judge of love by its consequences, it more nearly resembles hatred than friendship.
La Rouchefoucauld

Love cannot accept what it is. Everywhere on earth it cries out against kindness, compassion, intelligence, everything that leads to compromise. Love demands the impossible, the absolute, the sky on fire, inexhaustible springtime, life after death, and death itself transfigured into eternal life.
Albert Camus

Money can't buy friends, but you can get a better class of enemy.
Spike Milligan

Follow your heart, and you perish.
Margaret Laurence

Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.
Edna St. Vincent Millay

Oh! death will find me long before I tire of watching you.
Rupert Brooke

We are all born for love. It is the principle of existence, and its only end.
Benjamin Disraeli

You can lead a heart to love, but you can't make it fall.
Unknown

Love is the fire of life; it either consumes or purifies.
Unknown

We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love.
Freud

0 comments to Another Dose of Love

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.