The Spinster and Her Will

Posted by Unknown On Sunday, January 13, 2013 0 comments

Even though the following joke is funny, I believe there are some important lessons for us. For me, I have learnt not to wait for tomorrow, or to look back at yesterday and regret. Today is what matters for it will be our yesterday while shaping the kind of tomorrow we may have.

Some people may be procrastinators of different sorts - postponing their enjoyment of savings or other pleasures, thinking that they can always enjoy later. They work and work and have no time to rest or to enjoy the fruit of their labour. Then there are some who work and work and only let their families enjoy the fruit of their labour but never themselves.

What is life if we do not live it to the fullest? Carpe diem! Live each day to the fullest for tomorrow may never come...

Take care and God bless!

_____________________

The Spinster And Her Will




A spinster called her lawyer's office and told the receptionist she wanted to see the lawyer about having a will prepared...

The receptionist suggested they set up an appointment for a convenient time for the spinster to come into the office.

The spinter replied, 'You must understand, I've lived alone all my life, I rarely see anyone, and I don't like to go out. Would it be possible for the lawyer to come to my house?'

The receptionist checked with the attorney who agreed and he went to the spinster's home for the meeting to discuss her estate and the will.

The lawyer's first question was, 'Would you please tell me what you have in assets and how you'd like them to be distributed under your will?'

She replied, 'Besides the furniture and accessories you see here, I have RM50,000 in my savings account at the bank. '

'Tell me,' the lawyer asked, 'how would you like the RM50,000 to be distributed?'

The spinster said, 'Well, as I've told you, I've lived a reclusive life, people have hardly ever noticed me, so I'd like them to notice when I pass on. I'd like to provide RM40,000 for my funeral.'

The lawyer remarked, 'Well, for RM40,000 you will be able to have a funeral that will certainly be noticed!'

But tell me,' he continued, 'what would you like to do with the remaining RM10,000?'

The spinster replied, 'As you know, I've never married, I've lived alone almost my entire life, and in fact I've never slept with a man.

Before I die, I'd like you to use the RM10,000 to arrange for a man to sleep with me.'

'This is a very unusual request,' the lawyer said, adding, 'but I'll see what I can do to arrange it and get back to you. '

That evening, the lawyer was at home telling his wife about the eccentric spinster and her weird request.

After thinking about how much she could do around the house with RM10,000 and with a bit of coaxing, she got her husband to agree to provide the service himself.

She said, 'I'll drive you over tomorrow morning and wait in the car until you're finished.'

The next morning she drove him to the spinster's house.

She waited for over an hour, but her husband didn't come out. So she blew the car horn.

Shortly, the upstairs bedroom window opened, the lawyer stuck his head out and yelled,

'Pick me up tomorrow, she's decided to have a free government burial.'

-Author Unknown-

*Posted for laughs with no intention to offend spinsters or celibates. Thanks to Freddie who sent me this joke. If any of you have sent this to me before and I did not mention you, rest assured it is not because I do not appreciate your kind gesture but it is because I have forgotten it! My apoliogies!

                                       

0 comments to The Spinster and Her Will

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.