Keeping Things in Perspective

Posted by Unknown On Monday, July 1, 2013 0 comments
The following post is from Marc and Angel's blog which I read regularly. Passionate writers, admirers of the human spirit, and full time students of life, Marc and Angel Chernoff enjoy sharing inspirational advice and practical tips for life on their popular personal development blog Marc and Angel Hack Life.  Currently the site contains over 600 articles on productivity, happiness, love, work, and general self improvement, and has attracted over 80 million page views since its inception in the summer of 2006. Their first book 1,000+ Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently has just been launched. To buy, CLICK HERE.

"I sit silently each Sunday evening before bedtime and repeat one meditation as a mantra in my mind.  I get lost in thought for a little while and then I fall asleep.  This weekly ritual has helped me keep things in perspective.

  1. There are people in this world that would die for me.
  2. There are people in this world I would die for.
  3. The truth will set me free.  I will never lie.
  4. People are not mind readers.  I must never hesitate to tell someone how I feel.
  5. Mistakes happen.  I must learn from my mistakes and the mistakes of others.
  6. Life is short and people are not perfect.  I will forgive myself.  I will forgive others.
  7. My smile brings happiness to the world around me.
  8. There is nobody else exactly like me, with my exact abilities, talents, and ideas.
  9. I can help myself by helping those around me first.
  10. The people I care about deserve to know it.  I will show them how much they mean to me on a regular basis.
  11. I will accept compliments and criticism openly and make educated decisions based on a weighted sum of the two.
  12. Information is infinite.  There are ideas, products and cultures I do not yet understand.  I will always keep an open mind to new formulas.
  13. I am in competition with one person, and one person only… myself.  I am competing to be the best I can be.
  14. True wisdom is the byproduct of life experience.  I will seek as many real world experiences as possible.
  15. Education involves self-imposed discipline.  I can only learn if I want to learn.  I want to learn.
  16. I will treat everyone with the same level of respect I would give to my grandfather and the same level of patience I would have with my baby brother.
  17. I am what I eat.  My body is a machine that must be fueled properly if I intend to make it last.
  18. I will think before I act, but I will always act.
  19. I will try new things for the sake of broadening my horizons.
  20. I will never be reckless with another person’s feelings.
  21. I will never let someone persist on being reckless with my feelings.
  22.  The three most important things in my life are my health, my family and friends, and my education.  Everything else is secondary.
  23. I will celebrate my successes.  I deserve it.
  24. Money will only make my life easier if it is mine free and clear.
  25. If I wake up several mornings in a row and hate what I am about to do with my day, I will make a change.  Life is too short.
  26. I will never be jealous.  Jealously only deteriorates possibility.
  27. My attitude can change my reality.
  28. If I want to remember it, I will write it down in a trusted location.
  29. I will never spend more than I have.
  30. I will thank the people who have helped me, and I will return the favor as soon as I am able.
  31. I will never complain about a problem.  I will supply a solution instead.
  32. I will listen more than I speak.
  33. If I don’t know, I will ask questions.
  34. Everything is nothing without happiness.  I must do what makes me happy.
  35. I will never succumb to greed.  Enough is enough.
  36. Time is precious.  I will manage my time effectively.
  37. Right now is the only guaranteed moment in my life.  I will make the best of it.
  38. I will stand firm by my values without senselessly promoting them.
  39. I will never over-promise.  I will over-deliver on everything I commit to.
  40. I will always assess the situation and provide value where needed.
  41. I cannot make someone love me.  I can only be someone who can be loved.
  42. I will always strive to be the best I can be, but I will never try to be someone I’m not.
  43. I will always articulate my words so people understand me.
  44. I will slow down and become conscious of life’s simple pleasures.
  45. Everything I do is by choice.  There is always another option.
  46. Less is more.  I will get rid of the stuff I do not use.
  47. If I never try, I will never know.
  48. I will face my fears.  I will not cower.
  49. My habits define my life.
  50. I will always take ownership of my actions, or my actions will own me.
  51. I will never make decisions in a state of emotional haste.
  52. If I don’t finish what I start, my success rate will always be zero.""


0 comments to Keeping Things in Perspective

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.