A man died and when he realized it, he saw God coming closer with a suitcase in his hand.
- God said: Alright son, it's time to go.
- Surprised the man responded: Now? So soon? I had a lot of plans...
- I'm sorry but it's time to go.
- What do you have in that suitcase? the man asked.
- God answered: Your belongings.
- My belongings? you mean my things, my clothes, my money?
- God answered: Those things were not yours they belonged to the earth.
- Is it my memories? the man asked.
- God answered: Those never belonged to you, they belonged to Time
- Is it my talents?
- God answered: Those were never yours, they belonged to the circumstances.
- Is it my friends and family?
- God answered: I'm sorry they were never yours, they belonged to the path.
- Is it my wife and son?
- God answered: They were never yours, they belonged to your heart.
- Is it my body?
- God answered: That was never yours, it belonged to the dust.
- Is it my soul?
- God answered: No that is mine.
Full of fear, the man took the suitcase from god and opened it, just to find out the suitcase was empty.
- With tears coming down his cheek the man said: I never had anything???
- God answered: That is correct, every moment you lived were only yours. Life is just a moment, a moment that belongs to you.
For this reason, enjoy this time while you have it and every second you live.
Don't let anything that you think you own, stop you from doing so.
- Live Now
- Live your life
- Don't forget to be happy, that is the only thing that matters.
- Material things and everything else that you fought for stay here.
- YOU CAN'T TAKE ANYTHING ALONG.....
*Thanks to Angela who shared this post which really resonated with me as I am still recuperating from my accident and in the doldrums.