Here's the thing about love: it's hard to put into words. Love brings up emotions that run the gamut from agony to ecstasy, and can inspire us to accomplish some of the craziest and most amazing feats. Luckily, some the world's greatest artists, poets and performers have managed to articulate the magic of love. Here are 50 of the best quotes that ever passed the lips of famous lovers. We couldn't have put these better ourselves.
Love is quite simply a natural high.
1. "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever." — The Notebook
2. "You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." — Dr. Seuss
3. "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." — Victor Hugo
More from YourTango: 9 Quotes About Life, Love and Sex From Erotica Writers
4. "All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love." — Leo Tolstoy
5. "Once you truly believe you're worthy of love, you will never settle for anyone's second best treatment." — Charles J. Orlando
6. "When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again." — Albert Einstein
7. "And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God." — Les Miserables
8. "If a thing loves, it is infinite." — William Blake
9. "With love one can live even without happiness." — Fyodor Dostoyevsky
10. "It's a very dangerous state. You are inclined to recklessness and kind of tune out the rest of your life and everything that's been important to you. It's actually not all that pleasurable. I don't know who the hell wants to get in a situation where you can't bear an hour without somebody's company." — Colin Firth
11. "It's an unexplainable feeling, an expression. It's a touch, it's a feel. Once you feel it, it's like no other thing in the world." — Snoop Dogg on love
CLICK HERE for more.