MIRRORS OF MY SOUL

Posted by Unknown On Saturday, February 21, 2009 2 comments
There are mirrors and then there are mirrors.

Small ones that you carry in your handbag, large ones placed at your console table, decorative ones in restaurants, practical ones in the bathroom and functional ones in your bedroom that come in all shapes and sizes.

Each has a different effect.

When the light is soft and direct, the image will tell us wonderful things about our faces, even though they may not be true.

Those placed in boutiques seem to make you look slimmer, sexier, fairer and better so you end up buying that dress or shirt that you did not even need.


At carnivals and theme parks, we have a gala time laughing at the distorted images in fun house mirrors where our images are skinny, convoluted, fat or distorted.


Then there are one-way mirrors which can be deceiving or revealing depending upon which side of the mirror you are standing.

Similarly, our friends are like mirrors because friends let us look at ourselves. There is one big difference though - friends are better than mirrors because regardless of the light, angle, time or place, the reflection of ourselves that we see in the face of a friend is always true.


As I age day by day while trying to keep young as well, I regard my friends as my mirrors - mirrors who let me see myself as I really am.

For those who are close to me, I sometimes see expressions there that I don’t want to see but I have to see because I know the time has come to make changes in my life. And I do make those changes. It makes a difference when people communicate it differently and it must come from a heart filled with love, understanding and tolerance.

Now, regardless of how I feel, I know I can never hide my true emotions from my friends and loved ones. Their faces even through the web cam or in reality, tell me that my ‘act’ is not very convincing or there is this certain dead giveaway lilt in my voice which reveals my true state of emotions. So that is good because I just drop the screen and talk things out

frankly and start to feel better right away - really better. In fact, now there is no facade any more

- what you see in me is what is me and what you will get just like what you are reading now is what I feel and what I am typing straight from my heart.

Thus, when I am at my best, feeling full of joy, the reflection of me that I see in the faces of my loved ones makes me even happier.

I hope that you all will continue to be the perfect mirror of your friends - a caring mirror, honest mirror, a mirror that loves, shares, feels, understands and is never cruel or judgemental.

When your friends look into your eyes whenever you communicate, they will see themselves and all the possibilities of improvement and goodness within themselves. And you know what, no other mirror in this world could ever allow them to experience themselves so deeply and fully as you do.....

Copyright © masterwordsmith 2009. All rights reserved.



2 comments to MIRRORS OF MY SOUL

  1. says:

    Anonymous I love this post very much. You are right, Paula, it is v difficult to hide what is in our mind and heart from a friend or partner who has been like a mirror to us. It's kinda like us talking to ourselves in a mirror... how we stammer when we fib; and lose the trail of our thoughts as we start to notice all the little, little things that goes on on our faces as we look at our reflections.

    Thanks for sharing that wonderful post. Have a great weekend.

  1. says:

    Unknown My dear Andrea,

    Thanks so much for your validating comment. I have gone through lots lately and felt a lot while writing that post..and I really enjoyed writing it and even searching for almost two hours for the right images ;).

    We cannot hide from people who know us, love us and want the best for us...I guess that is why this world must revolve round love to make it a better place :-).

    It is my pleasure to share my thoughts and writing...and a greater pleasure to know that people like you read it and enjoyed it :-).

    Have a fantastic weekend too! Take care!.

    cheers

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.