A TIME TO CELEBRATE

Posted by Unknown On Saturday, April 4, 2009 0 comments
Tonight, we celebrated my mother-in-law's 78th birthday. My sis-in-law and niece came up from KL and the rest of us arrived on time at Starview Restaurant at New World Park this evening despite the heavy downpour.


As usual, my boy was camera shy....especially with his new GI cut - not my fault. Last week, his dad took him for a hair-cut after my darling Xuan told him that his hair was like overgrown grass!!! After her lesson, Nick promptly asked his dad to take him to another barber. Hubby sat and waited for Nick and happily read his newspapers (don't men love to do that?????) while the barber asked him if he wanted a crew cut in Hokkien. Sadly, Nick does not understand Hokkien and kept quiet so the barber happily mowed his head. Today, Xuan called Nick 'botak head' so I had to tell her that if she kept calling him names other than the one I gave him, it meant that she loves him :-). Of course they worked together quietly after that :-).


This is my mother-in-law who turned 78 today. Meticulous, conscientious and very purpose-driven, this lady will not stop doing any housework even though she has serious osteoporosis. We have invited her many times to live with us but she does not like the layout of our split-level home as she finds it difficult to cope with the many flights of stairs. Now this is my brood of nephews and nieces plus other in-laws...

The birthday girl looking quite happy...


I cannot help but realize that as we grow older, we cannot eat as much as we used to. We had to cancel two orders and could hardly finish a lot of the food. All in all, one thing is for sure - the food used to be better at that restaurant. Nonetheless, it was a good time to meet up again with my relatives and to be thankful that God has blessed mom-in-law with good health and much joy and happiness.

The best part of the dinner was definitely the Californian wine which my other sister-in-law from San Diego brought for the family when she came out before the Chinese New Year and of course, yours truly being a connoisseur of wine had many glasses :-)...so in the mean time, it is a loud Yam Seng to momsy for being a wonderful mother - without whom, I would not have hubby who is such a patient and wise father and husband. May God bless momsy with good health and many more years of loving, living and caring...

0 comments to A TIME TO CELEBRATE

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.