ANOTHER SWEET REUNION

Posted by Unknown On Friday, June 12, 2009 0 comments
Years ago, when I was young and in Esther's words, "footloose and carefree", bowling and swimming were my favorite past times. Together with my old friends, we would be at the Penang Bowl twice or three times a week bowling and then chatting or swimming at the Penang Chinese Swimming Club. Today, I had a lovely reunion with an old friend, Esther Yew who now resides in Kuching together with her hubby, a paediatrician, and her two children. The last time I saw Esther was when I visited her in Kuching in February 2007.

Esther is one whom I regard as a professional housewife. She is a very dedicated Christian, wife, mother, friend, social worker and one of the best cooks I know (apart from Elizabeth). At that time, she arranged for Sharon (The Star, Kuching) to pick me up from Hilton to go to her lovely home where a veritable feast awaited us. She made an assortment of cookies, fantastic brandied fruit cake, porridge with a wide array of condiments, local delicacies...oh I was so stunned when I saw the spread and the best part was - she did it all by herself. Hoong Park is a very blessed man, so are the kids and I was blessed to get a foretaste of her culinary skills.

When we arranged to meet for lunch, I waved the white flag and proclaimed that I cannot cook for her for my culinary skill or lack of it pales in comparison to hers :-) and I offered to take her and Jeremy out for lunch.

So off we went to Sungei Ara this morning - Nick and I - to meet Esther. I had no idea where her in-laws live so it was a shot in the dark. Fortunately, I only made one missed turn and we were reunited soon enough and decided to go to my friends' new restaurant called Home's Cafe in D'Piazza Mall, Bayan Baru.

Jeremy and Nick - same age, same interest in PSP games. While Esther and I were yakkity-yakking away, the two boys were busy with their PSP consoles and exchanging consoles for fun..

Naturally three of us ordered their famous Nasi Lemak specialty while Jeremy enjoyed his fish and chips.



Alas, I had to drop them off by 2.30p.m. and it will be some time before I get to see her again. Truly, I feel so invigorated, happy and contented to have spent those two hours with her and Jeremy...Thanks, Esther for the wonderful moments and most of all for your friendship over the last two decades!!! You always inspire me with your zest for life, energy, perspective, faith, tolerance, understanding and your whole life!! God bless you and yours always :-) and see you again...

0 comments to ANOTHER SWEET REUNION

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.