BLAKELY'S JOURNEY TO NOBLICLE CHAPTER TWO

Posted by Unknown On Friday, June 12, 2009 17 comments
Thanks so much to readers and friends for your comments and emails of encouraging words for Nick's first chapter of this story. After we came back from our lunch, it was all systems go and he sat down to write chapter two - a task which he completed in a very short space of time and when he finished, he was bugging me for some time to type it for him and I am complying now as the devoted mom. As usual, I did not change anything but added pictures. Please leave a comment because your input certainly means a lot to him. Thanks and have a great weekend.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the first chapter of this story written by my 10 year old son, please CLICK HERE.

CHAPTER TWO - A DAY WITH THE GORDON

Blakely gathered some firewood to set up a fire to keep warm for the night. Before dusk, he started reading the book that Sheila had given him. He placed the book on his lap and all of a sudden, the book began to spit at him.

Book Pictures, Images and Photos

"I wish Sheila had not given me this idiotic book!" screamed Blakely. He picked up a few leaves and dropped them into the open book and closed it angrily. After a while, he opened the book again and to his surprise, the leaves had disappeared. Instead, there were some digestive juices that stained the pages. Blakely then flicked to the first page of the book.

"Hello. I am the Book of Knowledge and I shall serve you because you have saved me from starvation," said the book. "Flip to page 36 to discover more about Gordons.

The Gordon stood on its hind legs looking at Blakely happily. It had green fur on it back and fluffy yellow fur on its chest.The Gordon also had two legs and a pair of long arms.

Blakely was amazed to find out that Gordons love to steal and to play. However, they did not like to fight. There were various names Blakely could give his Gordons such as Publies, Scorchio, Bluror and Muggary. He named his Gordon Scorchio. At once, it started to act like a warrior and he found its actions very cute.

Moon lit night Pictures, Images and Photos

Night was drawing close so Blakely had his dinner - plain herbs and wild fruits. His meal did not smell so fresh so he left it aside. He was going to starve that night. Suddenly, he heard a zapping sound. Scorchio shot some laser beams from its eyes onto his food and then growled at Blakely. Turning around, Blakely caught the smell of escargots that came from the herbs on his plate. Scorchio smiled at Blakely while he ate the escargots and herbs hungrily. Then, Blakely knew that Scorchio had magical powers. Feeling satisfied after a good meal, Blakely put out the fire and slept in his tent.

The next morning, he took a walk and stumbled upon a house in the woods.

Cottage in the woods Pictures, Images and Photos

Scorchio growled at Blakely and started to push Blakely into the bushes. Scorchio ran towards the door and hit it hard with its head, causing the door to break open. Scorchio dashed inside and Blakely followed behind.

Scorchio ran towards a chest of drawers and opened one drawer after another, looking for money. It squealed in delight when it found a few gold coins. Blakely quickly grabbed Scorchio and forced him out of the house and then they jumped into the bushes to hide. To his surprise, Scorchio still had a bit of coins in its mouth and it spat them onto its hand and kept them in Blakely's coat pocket.

There was no where left to go and nothing left to do so Blakely decided to return to the tent. Blakely took out his bag, dismantled the tent and kept it in his bag. He decided that the time had come for him to go to Tyrantland straight away.

written by Nick

....to be continued....

17 comments to BLAKELY'S JOURNEY TO NOBLICLE CHAPTER TWO

  1. says:

    Murali Bravo Nick & nice accompanying pictures Paula!

    ;) Gordon Scorchio & Blakely sound like they're good buddies, on a perilous journey..

    Interesting plot Nick..wonder what will happen on their journey to the red swamp in search of Snubbly the imp..

    I'll be waiting for chapter 3 young man! Well done..

    Murali

  1. says:

    Anonymous This chapter is lagi terror! It's a SCREAM!!!! Now I am *sigh* drumming my fingers impatiently for the next Chapter. Way to go, Nick!!

  1. says:

    justbloggin' Hello Aunty Andrea and Dr. Murali,

    I am Nick, the writer of this story.

    Thank you so much for those words of encouragement which have given me more inspiration to write my next chapter.

    I also enjoy reading both your blogs.Take care and thank you again.

    Best wishes,
    Nick

  1. says:

    Murali Hi Nick, you've earned it okay. Keep up the good work and let your story unfold beautifully ;)

    I like the escargot bit, very cheeky!

    Take care Nick.

    Regards,
    Uncle Mu.

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi Andrea,

    Your comment, encouragement and support mean a lot to Nick. We were out for dinner and got back by 10p.m. and he immediately asked me to log on to check if there were any comments from you and Dr. Murali and he was over the top!

    He has gone downstairs to write Chapter Three!!!

    Take care and thanks again dear Andrea. I really appreciate your kindness and support.

    Hugs

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi Murali,

    Thanks for reading the story and for your support for my young man :-). He was thrilled to bits to read your response and that of Andrea and he has gone downstairs to work on Chapter Three.

    Honestly, he puts me to shame in terms of his drive, discipline and focus :-(. Er...we had escargots last Sunday and I guess he loved it so much that he had to let Blakely have some too!!! LOL!

    Take care and have a great weekend!

    P.S. I tried to find The Emperor's Club at Gurney Plaza just now but they have never heard of it...Is it a new release? Where can I get it? Pray tell...Thanks :-).

    Cheers!

  1. says:

    Nameless Fool The book was hungry! At least it accepts leaves.
    So Gordons like to steal and play. There's possibilities I can sense coming in the next chapter.

    Ah, I won't be able to attend a gig even if I performed in it. I have an overprotective mother who won't even let me drive out to the nearest mall. If you did let him go to concerts and stuff, then he's lucky to have a trusting mom :)

    Actually I've never read much of sci-fi, relying on Star Wars movies and some of the books that were printed from there. I guess I combined some fantasy elements with sci-fi planet settings to compose my story.

    As for where you can get the books... I'm sorry, but I haven't even got the transcript ready, if that's what you call it. I'm hoping I can publish them. The books are actually in a series and I'm writing the final installment of the trilogy. And I sort of want to get all the drafts ready before being able to edit them, so I can make last-minute changes every time I want.

    Something interesting about the writing process, though, is that at the moment I started writing it, I was sixteen and so is the main character. In the second book he's seventeen, and I finished writing that in 2008. Now I'm eighteen, and LoL, the character is, too! Ah, this is one of the things that draws the series so close to my heart.

    Lecture's starting 20th July for my first year in Bachelor of Arts. So far, the only one losing hairs is myself. They usually drop by themselves at an hourly interval or so, but more come off when I wash my hair.
    Still thick though! :D

    Thankie and cheerio!

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi Nerdcore,

    Thanks so much for visiting and for your comment dear Nerdcore...Nick will be delighted when he reads your comment. He read your other one and kept asking me about the significance of your name - and I told him I had no clue :-(...He is a real darling and I will miss him terribly when he goes back to school...

    So far he's excited about his story and will not tell me the plot at all...

    You are very focused for your age and I am looking forward to reading your story which really sounds very interesting! You actually move on in age in the real world as well as in the story - amazing...Do put some teasers in your blog ok?

    Where will you be doing your degree and what will be your major?

    Haha! You've a great sense of humor dear girl ... your mom makes me feel so guilty for letting my boy go to metal gigs :-(Yes, I did let him go for gigs fr the time he was in pre-U but he would not let me go along!!! :-(

    I really hope to meet you one day.

    Take care and keep in touch!

    Have a great weekend.

  1. says:

    Anonymous Hi Paula & Nick,

    I was at Tash Aw's reading last weekend. For me, the most important takeaway from the session was this: A writer's journey should start with reading.

    And having followed your blog over the months, I believe both Nick and you are "aggressive" readers, hungrily devouring books whenever the opportunity presents; and it does show distinctly in Nick's writing that he is extremely well-read for a young man of his age. Anyway, you can read more of Tash's session in Sharon Bakar's site here: http://thebookaholic.blogspot.com and do a search of Tash Aw.

    And Nick --- I see that you have a jolly wicked sense of humour too. Leaving the story hanging like that with so many possibilities. *tsk tsk*

    Have a great weekend. Am hoping that I feel up to it today to haul my butt and brave the traffic to The Curve to meet my blogger friend, Tunku Halim who will be talking about his latest book - a children's encylopedia of Malaysian history. *grins*

  1. says:

    Anonymous Paula: Here's another author that my 11-y.o nephews love - Philip Pullman, author of The Dark Materials trilogy. Perhaps the next time you go to a book warehouse sale, you can look these up. I've read one of his book last summer -- The Golden Compass. Un-put-down-able!!!

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi Andrea,

    Wow - you are lucky to be able to attend such sessions. Penang is so backward and that is the reason why I visit KL quite often.

    Indeed you are right, Nick and I love to read and sometimes, he reads for hours on end. His optometrist has warned us to monitor his reading time and to ensure that he rests after thirty minutes because he has weak eyes :-(.

    Yes, I have heard of Tash Aw and read his Harmony Silk Factory but have yet to buy his latest book. Thanks for the link. I have great admiration for Tunku Halim and Sharon Bakar too. You are lucky!!! Ah - I am sure Nick will enjoy Tunku Halim's new book.

    :-) Oh yes - you are spot on - Nick has a VERY wicked sense of humor. Sometimes he drives me up the wall with his sarcastic quips and he also makes his own jokes that have a play on words...Check out his blog at Just Bloggin' and you can see his other love = origami :-).

    I hope you have recovered from your flu and here's wishing you a fantastic weekend!

    Take care!

    hugs

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi again Andrea

    Sorry about my previous comment - I cut and paste from Notepad and forgot to delete the previous one so it was sandwiched between the first and last part of the original comment so I deleted it and reposted the comment.

    Yes, I've heard of Philip Pullman but both Nick and I have not read him yet. His fav authors = Roald Dahl, Sue Townsend, LAT, René Goscinny's ASTERIX, Herge's Adventures of Tin Tin,classics such as Black Beauty, Tom Brown's Schooldays (his favorite), Swiss family robinson, Harry Potter series, Tolkien and other fantasy genre etc etc and loads of animal stories.

    He started reading when he was 18 months old and at one point, I spent a fortune on his books. It is a big relief to me now that he reads what I read...Phew!

    Thanks for the recommendation. We will check it out soon.

    Take care and have a lovely weekend.

    Cheers!

  1. says:

    Starmandala Heya again, Nick! First of all, I want to stand up and applaud you for your vivid imagination and the great passion you have put into your unfolding story. It shows TREMENDOUS promise - I kid you not! I don't doubt you will develop beautifully as a magnificent writer. Because you're such a special and gifted kid, I'm going to stick my neck out and make you an offer: would you like me to send you a detailed critique of your first two chapters? Since I'm not your mummy I have the advantage of being a neutral sounding board, showing you where the writing really works and where it can be further tweaked for even greater impact. In effect, I would be glad to offer you a little "professional" insight into the finer points of your craft. Having met you briefly once, I'm convinced you are some sort of prodigy who learns stuff really fast. If you're receptive to the idea, I'll reformat your first two chapters as a Word document and insert detailed feedback, comments, and suggestions that might help you accelerate your learning curve and get you "up there" among the young masters in triple quick time! Whaddaya say, buddy? ;-)

  1. says:

    Unknown My dear Antares,

    Nick and I are over the top with your very warm, kind and supportive reception to his foray in creative writing :-).

    Thanks so much for your wonderful offer to assist him. Needless to say, he has rejected almost every single comment/suggestion I've made with regards to this tale and I am certain he will listen to your input most diligently and receptively.

    You can send it to my mailbox, dear Antares...once again, many thanks!

    hugs and lots of love,
    Paula and Nick

  1. says:

    justbloggin' Dear Uncle Antares,

    Thank you very much for your very encouraging response to my story and for offering to help me. I am so excited. You are the best blogger, writer, musician and I am so happy that you have so willingly offered to help me here. With your guidance, I hope to improve and to be a good writer. Please send it to my mom's email. I look forward to reading your critique and to learn from you, Uncle Antares.

    Thank you very much.

    Yours sincerely,
    Nicholas

  1. says:

    Starmandala Nicholas, wait till you reach puberty. That's when the real fun begins, heh heh ;-) Whatever you do, be sure it feels like genuine FUN and put your whole heart into it. Your powerhouse mama's already printed my crit for you to read in the morning over breakfast... or in the loo! Okay, gimme a big hug, ace!

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi Antares,

    You are such a real sweetheart. Thanks so much for your warm and heartfelt support for Nick..Honestly, he enjoys writing and the problem is he will only do it when he FEELS like it :-)...which is good and bad in some ways..He will be so excited when I show him your detailed critique in the morning. We are going to school at abt 9am so he will get to see it in the later half of the morning and daddy will print it at the office ...Really appreciate your priceless advice, dear Antares.

    Hugs and lots of love
    Paula

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.