FIVE IRRESISTABLE TRAITS OF MEN THAT APPEAL TO WOMEN

Posted by Unknown On Saturday, September 19, 2009 2 comments
I have often wondered why beautiful women end up with not so good-looking guys while handsome guys end up with women with dour expressions. At the same time, I notice that many shorter guys end up with taller spouses. The truth of the matter is that regardless of how unmatched a couple may be, there are certain traits of men that women find alluring, appealing and almost irresistible.

Personally, I think, it is more than just the usual appearances, looks, physique, status or wealth. I don't think a person needs to break an arm or a leg or go to extreme measures and lengths to attract someone of the opposite sex. To me, if it happens, it happens. It really depends on the individual. I find optimistic people with positive outlooks to life not only appealing and attractive, they are also more mature and emotionally stable characters.

Before writing this post, I did speak to a few friends who shared some enlightening facts with me. One lady mentioned that the greatest element that attracted her to a guy would be the scent of the guy which has automatic appeal.

Perfume 5 Pictures, Images and Photos

At the same time, body odour is a sure turn-off! Worse still would be the deadly concoction of sweat mixed with the smell of a shirt which did not dry properly plus perfume that was sprayed to mask the combination of the other smells! Good grief!!! In sharp contrast would be the clean-smelling guy who smells of bath gel or after-shave or an alluring EDT. That coupled with good character, poise and carriage would probably make a woman swoon at the guy's feet, or so they hope, :-). Corny as it may sound, having a nice scent can surely attract a woman to a man. So, high standards of personal hygiene is a definite plus point.

Gavin DeGraw Pictures, Images and Photos

Another trait that I personally find most irresistible would be a guy's sense of humor. The natural ability to make a woman smile or laugh is certainly most appealing. I believe it is natural that women find the excitement of mental stimulation. They love to listen to stories and the funnier the better. Communication is definitely a sure way of attracting a woman. However, I must admit that many women steer away from men who talk too much or are too full of themselves or who try to impress in a very fake manner.Somehow, there is natural appeal in the way a guy is able to liven up the atmosphere of a date or a get-together and once the forces of attraction are at work, it would be a beautiful courtship.

Thirdly, I believe that to attract a woman, a guy must exude confidence, not over-confidence. A woman is naturally attracted to a man who is independent, self-assured and free from hang-ups or insecurities. Most ironically, while women want men who can lead and show them the way, they steer far away from those who love to dominate them. Thus, while confidence is important, men must not be over-bearing or chauvinistic.

A guy who wants to attract a woman must have good taste in life such as in clothing, food, wine, hobbies, literature, music etc. While it is an asset to have a positive and confident personality, guys must have a keen eye on other things in life such as finer things in life such as art, culture and so on without being overly materialistic.

Fifthly, what I find MOST appealing in a man would be his level of intelligence as seen in the way he talks, thinks, writes and moves in social or business circles. At the same time, he must not be the typical show-off to dominate discussions or to put others down with sarcastic remarks but ought to remain humble, patient with the weaknesses of others and accomadating with the views of others that may differ from his own.



Please note that I have only discussed five characteristics for the sake of brevity and not because there are no other appealing traits that women find attractive in men. Also, kindly bear in mind that these are my personal views so do not blame me if the woman you like does not feel the same way as I do. I am sure there are many other traits of guys which many women find attractive such as a sporting spirit, a good physique, high standards of virtue/integrity/social responsibility, honesty, generosity, patience, tolerance and so on.

I believe that what matters is that we are our natural selves without putting on airs to impress but just being who we are to express ourselves in ways that will help others to get to know us better.

For those of you who have yet to find your partner, may you be blessed with one who loves you for who you are. For those of us who are married, may we continue to develop ourselves so that our spouses or partners may find more things about us to love and to grow to love us more and vice versa.

=] Pictures, Images and Photos

Do leave a comment if you so wish. Thanks for reading my post and I bid you a great day!

P.S. I have mentioned this before in older posts - the most appealing man in this world to me is my husband followed by George Clooney, Robert Redford, Harrison Ford and Ben Affleck. :-)

2 comments to FIVE IRRESISTABLE TRAITS OF MEN THAT APPEAL TO WOMEN

  1. says:

    Tiger I'm no George Clooney, so I was surprised when my wife,Miss Wilayah beauty queen of 1991, (then object of my affections) accepted me as her choice of mate.
    She said she liked me for my behaviour (?), which is kindness towards others, politeness and honesty.
    Shows that love is blind after all!
    Hahahahaha...

  1. says:

    Unknown Haha!!! I guess we are in the same boat. If you put the first and last paragraph of my post together, you can conclude that my hubby is handsome and I am not beautiful and YES, LOL!!! Love IS blind after all! LOL!

    Wah lah - your wife is a beauty queen!!! No wonder your kids are so cute! Oops...no offence meant to you :-).

    Cheers and have a great weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.