JOKES TO MAKE YOU SMILE ON TUESDAY

Posted by Unknown On Tuesday, September 1, 2009 5 comments
An older gent drove his brand new Mercedes convertible out of the dealership, stopped at the Pub for his daily fix, headed east on the Motorway and floored it to 130 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through the few strands of hair he had left.

"Amazing! – this is the life" he thought as he flew down the highway, pushing the pedal to the metal even more. Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a Police Car behind him, blue lights flashing and siren blaring.

"I can get away from him, no problem!" thought the old chap as he floored
it to 140, then 150, then 160 mph.

Suddenly, he thought, "What on earth am I doing? I'm too old for this
kind of nonsense!" He pulled over to the side of the road and waited for
the Police Car to catch up with him.

Pulling in behind him, the officer walked up to the Mercedes, looked at
his watch and said, "Sir, I’m in a good mood and my shift ends in 30
minutes, today is Friday and I have the weekend off. If you can give me
one good reason why you were speeding that I've never heard before, I'll
let you go with a warning."

The man, looking very seriously at the officer and said, "A few years ago,
my wife ran off with a Police officer. When I saw you chasing me, I
thought you were bringing her back.

"Have a good day, Sir," the officer replied…..


-------------------------------------------------------

DO YOU GO TO CHURCH?

A friend was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands. He grabbed my friend by the hand and pulled him aside.

The Pastor said to him, "You need to join the Army of the Lord!"

My friend replied, "I'm already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor."

Pastor questioned, "How come I don't see you except at Christmas and Easter?"

He whispered back, "I'm in the secret service."

---------------------------

HIDE HIM DURING A WAR

It was about a month ago when a man in Amsterdam felt that he needed to confess, so went to his priest:

"Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. During WWII I hid a refugee in my attic."

"Well," answered the priest, "that's not a sin."

"But I made him agree to pay me 20 Gulden for every week he stayed."

"I admit that wasn't good, but you did it for a good cause."

"Oh, thank you, Father; that eases my mind. I have one more question..."

"What is that, my son?"

"Do I have to tell him the war is over?"

---------------------------------------------


CHURCH FOR THIS DRUNK

A man sobering up from the night before is sitting through the Sunday sermon, finding it long and boring. Still feeling hung over and tired, he finally nods off.

The priest has been watching him all along, noticing his apparent hangover and is disgusted. At the end of the sermon, the preacher decides to make an example of him.

He says to his congregation, "All those wishing to have a place in heaven, please stand."

The whole room stands up except, of course, the sleeping man.

Then the preacher says even more loudly, "And he who would like to find a place in hell please STAND UP!"

The weary man catching only the last part groggily stands up, only to find that he's the only one standing.

Confused and embarrassed he says, "I don't know what we're voting on here, Father, but it sure seems like you and me are the only ones standing for it!"

--------------------------------------------------


WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

Sometimes women are overly suspicious of their husbands. When Adam stayed out very late for a few nights, Eve became upset. "You're running around with other women," she charged.

"You're being unreasonable," Adam responded. "You're the only woman on earth." The quarrel continued until Adam fell asleep, only to be awakened by someone poking him in the chest.

It was Eve. "What do you think you're doing?" Adam demanded.

"Counting your ribs," said Eve.

----------------------------------------------


A VERY FAITHFUL WOMAN


An elderly lady was well-known for her faith and for her boldness in talking about it. She would stand on her front porch and shout "PRAISE THE LORD!"

Next door to her lived an atheist who would get so angry at her proclamations he would shout, "There ain't no Lord!!"

Hard times set in on the elderly lady, and she prayed for GOD to send her some assistance. She stood on her porch and shouted "PRAISE THE LORD. GOD I NEED FOOD!! I AM HAVING A HARD TIME. PLEASE LORD, SEND ME SOME GROCERIES!!"

The next morning the lady went out on her porch and noted a large bag of groceries and shouted, "PRAISE THE LORD."

The neighbor jumped from behind a bush and said, "Aha! I told you there was no Lord. I bought those groceries, God didn't."

The lady started jumping up and down and clapping her hands and said, "PRAISE THE LORD. He not only sent me groceries, but He made the devil pay for them. Praise the Lord!"

5 comments to JOKES TO MAKE YOU SMILE ON TUESDAY

  1. says:

    Amanda This made me laugh. I love reading your blog... You write about such wonderful things.

    Loved the joke about the devil buying the groceries.

    I have a hard time with my faith, while my husband has a very very strong faith in the Lord. Little things like that make me smile.. and that much closer to a stronger faith. I can almost tear up at things that make me feel closer to God, even if it is something very very simple like that.

    Also, I think you should know that just from your blog, I think you are the kind of woman that most of us should look up to.. I'm 21 and married.. My husband is 22, and in the Marine Corps.. It's difficult but reading some of the uplifting things that you have to say.. it helps. :)

    He loved his 101 reasons..

    I hope you have a great week!!

  1. says:

    Amanda This made me smile.

    I've never commented before, but love your blog. I feel like you are the kind of woman that most of us should be look up to.

    I appreciate the lighthearted sentiments as well as marriage advice, etc. that you post. I really like reading anything about God.

    I'm 21, and married to a US Marine.. He has a very very strong faith in God, and me.. well, I struggle. I didn't have religion in my home growing up.. and now I have a hard time with it. He has a deployment coming up in November.. and nearly everything you write, I feel, will be helpful while he's away, and just plain helpful in our marriage, and with my journey to God. :)

    Thank you.

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi Mandy

    Thanks so much for this very warm comment. I was away from home for a short break...my apologies for this late response.

    I am glad these jokes brought some laughter into your life and that some of the other posts have meant something to you...I wrote the 101 reasons for my hubby. We have been married for over 25 years :-).

    I can identify with you because I too got married a day before I turned 22. I put up these posts because they mean a lot to me and I hope somehow they can touch readers and am glad you found value in them.

    Take care and please keep in touch.

  1. says:

    Amanda Oh goodness. I didn't realize that it posted both comments! I thought the first one didn't go through! I feel silly!

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Mandy

    Do not worry, dear Mandy. It was only natural that you thought so cos I was away from home and did not have internet access. I could only publish both comments last night.

    Take care and thanks for popping by again.

    Do keep in touch, Mandy.

    Cheers

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.