FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT PLEASURE...

Posted by Unknown On Friday, July 23, 2010 4 comments
My dear friend Angela sent me this exceptional video clip of William So dueting with Corrina Chamberlain, a Caucasian girl who sings in Cantonese with perfect intonation. I wish I could sing like she does. When I go for karaoke sessions, I have to bring along my own handwritten romanized lyrics and if I forget, the best I can do is sing whatever I can remember. Even then, I know my intonation is still a tad Anglicized.



Here's one of my favorite Malay songs Mulanya Di Sini by Freedom:



Believe it or not, during my teenage years, I enjoyed watching Tamil and Hindi movies so much. If I recall correctly, Tamil movies were screened on Friday afternoons and Hindi movies were on Saturday evenings. In those days, I could converse a little bit in Tamil as my best friend in secondary school was an Indian girl, a dear classmate and former neighbour (in fact, I had blogged about her a few months ago in a post on Deepavali). One of my favorite Hindi Movies is definitely Haathi mere Saathi which I have watched more than ten times, no kidding. Enjoy the following clip of my favorite song from that movie:



And here's one dedicated to all my Sarawakian friends and readers, one of my favorite Iban love songs. Don't forget to tell your loved ones "Aku rindu nuan...":



This is as 1Malaysia as I can get :-). Hope you all like this selection of clips I put up solely for your listening pleasure on a Friday evening. Do leave a comment to share your thoughts/responses. Take care and have a lovely weekend!

4 comments to FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT PLEASURE...

  1. says:

    HotDogg For Corinna, I'd like to give her a "B+"...beautiful song, beautiful voice, and beautiful face. :-)

    I too, have a few doggie friends in Hong Kong who are not Pekinese nor Chinese mongrels but speaks Cantonese better then me.

    You like kerry-oki? Then you better be prepared...kakakaka!!! Uncle StraighTalking likes to kerry-oki too you know...

  1. says:

    rainstorm Hi MWS.

    Thanks for taking us down the memory lane.... My goodness, Haathi mere Saathi is such an old movie. Easily 30/35 yrs old, no? I also like the song. If not mistaken , around that time another good Hindi move was Bobby....

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Little Corgi

    I lurrrve krk..and was supposed to go tonight BUT my pals decided that the lure of durians is greater than krk ...

    LOL!! Will put up the pics later!

    Cheers

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear rainstorm

    You are most welcome. When the movie was first screened, I watched it three times and the other seven times was on tv...Yup - I loved the movie 'Bobby' as well!!!

    Oh oh...our age is showing LOL!!

    Cheers

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.