The Guy Who Got Into GOOGLE

Posted by Unknown On Monday, July 26, 2010 4 comments
My dear friend, Angela, sent me the following story via email and it is such I touching and inspiring story that I would like to share it with you. Thanks, Angela, for all the forwarded stuff that you willingly share with me daily. God bless your kind and considerate heart! Take care and everyone and have a blessed week!

______________________________________________________
Naga Naresh Karutura has just passed out of IIT Madras in Computer Science and has joined Google in Bangalore.

You may ask, what's so special about this 21-year-old when there are hundreds of students passing out from various IITs and joining big companies like Google?

Naresh is special. His parents are illiterate. He has no legs and moves around in his powered wheel chair. (In fact, when I could not locate his lab, he told me over the mobile phone, 'I will come and pick you up'. And in no time, he was there to guide me)

Ever smiling, optimistic and full of spirit; that is Naresh. He says, "God has always been planning things for me. That is why I feel I am lucky."



Childhood in a village

I spent the first seven years of my life in Teeparru, a small village in Andhra Pradesh, on the banks of the river Godavari. My father Prasad was a lorry driver and my mother Kumari, a house wife. Though they were illiterate, my parents instilled in me and my elder sister (Sirisha) the importance of studying.

Looking back, one thing that surprises me now is the way my father taught me when I was in the 1st and 2nd standards. My father would ask me questions from the text book, and I would answer them. At that time, I didn't know he could not read or write but to make me happy, he helped me in my studies!

Another memory that doesn't go away is the floods in the village and how I was carried on top of a buffalo by my uncle. I also remember plucking fruits from a tree that was full of thorns.

I used to be very naughty, running around and playing all the time with my friends.. I used to get a lot of scolding for disturbing the elders who slept in the afternoon. The moment they started scolding, I would run away to the fields!

I also remember finishing my school work fast in class and sleeping on the teacher's lap!



Read more AT THIS LINK.

May we be inspired by the perseverance and positive attitude of Naga Naresh Karutura and others like him and go on to inspire others. Take care and have a week!

4 comments to The Guy Who Got Into GOOGLE

  1. says:

    Anonymous These are the people that put us to shame. We complain of no new shoe during each new year when such people has no legs.

    We complain that we are treated badly by our family members and throwing tantrum at all and sundry when people like them perseverve against all odd.

    I'd watched the DVD of Nick or Nicky, the motivator who was born to a Pastor's family with no limbs (no hands nor legs). He have earned millions by being a motivator. What an encourager these people who were born handicap but still live a life full of hope and purpose.
    ~ahoo~

  1. says:

    Anonymous A very touching and inspirational story.

    It sends out a very powerful message that you can still become a winner even if you are physically challenged. This and other real-life stories helps to rehabilitate and offers immense encouragement to the millions of others out there who had to face their future unprepared after an unexpected misfortune of fate in the course of their lives.

    I salute winners like Naga.


    StraightTalking

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear ahoo

    Thanks for resonating with this post and for your inspiring comments. I have also blogged about Nick who has been to Penang to speak.

    We never know how blessed we are until we lose something ...

    Take care and may the Lord continue to use you mightily to inspire and to encourage many around you including those of us in cyberspace.

    Shalom

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear StraightTalking

    I am glad you enjoyed this post. I am very inspired by his life and the way he has tackled challenges.

    Like you, I also salute Naga. In a few days' time, I will be posting the story of the founder of Infosys...

    Take care and thanks for being a source of inspiration, motivation and encouragement!

    God bless you and yours always!!

    Shalom

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.