THE ADDICT IN ME

Posted by Unknown On Thursday, August 19, 2010 2 comments
I love to sing, don't you? The only time I get to go for a karaoke session is when my old friends are back from overseas. Last night, I had a grand time with my buddies because we sang and laughed so much till I had stomach cramps and my girlfriend kept wiping away her tears from laughing too much.

The last time I went with them a few months ago, I was blogging on my pda. Last night, they brought along their netbook which they had just purchased from New Zealand and kiasu me brought along my netbook and pda (just in case either one could not work properly). Yup! I cannot be more addicted to my blog than that. I can live without shopping, coffee and chocolates but I definitely cannot live without the internet!!!

Even at the restaurant, I was checking my blog :-) to publish comments and reading the latest news.

We are really ageing ....Gone are the days when we could be singing till 3 a.m. Yesterday, we were singing from 6pm till 9pm and after that supper till 10pm and by 10.30pm, I was home like an old lady.

I will be putting up a sopo post later in the evening. In the mean time, enjoy this joke that my friend Freddie just sent me. The guy reminds me of myself :-).

Take care and have a pleasant evening. Do swing by later for the next post. So much is happening and I am really trying to decide on a blog topic.

A rather conservative engineer finally splurged on a luxury cruise to the
Caribbean. It was the "craziest" thing he had ever done in his life.

Just as he was beginning to enjoy himself, a hurricane roared upon the huge ship, capsizing it like a child's toy. Somehow the engineer, desperately hanging on to a life preserver, managed to wash ashore on a secluded island.

Outside of beautiful scenery, a spring-fed pool, bananas and coconuts, there was little else. He lost all hope and day after day, sat under the same palm tree. One day, after several months had passed, a gorgeous woman in a small rowboat appeared.

"I'm from the other side of the island," she said. "Were you on the cruise
ship, too?"

"Yes, I was, " he answered. "But where did you get that rowboat?"

"Well, I carved the oars from gum tree branches, wove the reinforced gunnel from palm branches, and made the keel and stern from a Eucalyptus tree."

"But, what did you use for tools?" asked the man.

"There was a very unusual strata of alluvial rock exposed on the south side of the island. I discovered that if I fired it to a certain temperature in my kiln, it melted into ductile iron. Anyhow, that's how I got the tools. But, enough of that," she said. "Where have you been living all this time? I don't see any shelter."

"To be honest, I've just been sleeping on the beach," he said.

"Would you like to come to my place?" the woman asked. The engineer nodded
dumbly.

She expertly rowed them around to her side of the island, and tied up the boat with a handsome strand of hand woven hemp topped with a neat back splice. They walked up a winding stone walk she had laid and around a Palm tree. There stood an exquisite bungalow painted in blue and white.

"It's not much, but I call it home." Inside, she said, "Sit down please; would you like to have a drink?"

"No, thanks," said the man. "One more coconut juice and I'll throw up!"

"It wont be coconut juice," the woman replied. "I have a crude still out back, so we can have authentic Pina Coladas."

Trying to hide his amazement, the man accepted the drink, and they sat down on her couch to talk. After they had exchanged stories, the woman asked, "Tell me, have you always had a beard?"

"No," the man replied, "I was clean shaven all of my life until I ended up on this island."

"Well if you'd like to shave, there's a razor upstairs in the bathroom cabinet."

The man, no longer questioning anything, went upstairs to the bathroom and shaved with an intricate bone-and-shell device honed razor sharp. Next he showered. He didn't even attempt to guess how she got warm water into the bathroom. Going back downstairs, he had to admire the masterfully carved banister as he walked.

"You look great," said the woman. "I think I'll go up and slip into something more comfortable."

As she did, the man drank his Pina Colada. After a short time, the woman, smelling faintly of gardenias, returned wearing a revealing gown made of pounded palm fronds.

"Tell me," she asked, "we've both been out here for a very long time with no companionship. You know what I mean. Haven't you been lonely....isn't there something that you really, really miss? Something that all men and woman need? Something that would be really nice to have right now!"

"Yes there is!" the man replied, no longer shy. "There is something I've wanted to do for some time, but on this island all alone, it was just...well, it was impossible."

"Well, it's not impossible, any more," the woman said.

Practically breathless with excitement, the engineer shouted: "You mean...you actually figured out some way we can CHECK OUR E-MAIL HERE!!??!!"

Keep smiling! Have a restful evening!

2 comments to THE ADDICT IN ME

  1. says:

    SFGEMS Great joke, I didn't guess the punch line. So funny!

    Thanks, dear.

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi Lita

    Hehe!! Glad you enjoyed the humor! Thanks for stopping by, dear Lita!

    Have a blessed weekend.

    Shalom and blessings to you and yours always.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.