The Perfect Worker

Posted by Unknown On Wednesday, November 3, 2010 4 comments
I 'retired' in 2005 to live a simple, fuss-free life. I am not gainfully employed but am saner, happier and have time to smell the roses.Gone are the days when I would shop for clothes, shoes, handbags, perfume etc just so I could wear them to work. I still have brand new stuff with their price tags, unopened shoe boxes and stuff in their original boxes. Do I miss working life? Perhaps the moolah bit. One of the things which some may dread might be staff appraisal. At my last college, we had peer-to-peer appraisals and student-lecturer appraisals and one comment persisted in many of my student appraisals :-) She gives too much homework. Those were the days. Now, I give myself too much homework :-). Anyway, here's something I read recently which I thought might humor you. Take care and have a great day!

________________________________

The Perfect Worker

1 Bob Smith, my assistant programmer, can always be found
2 hard at work in his cubicle. Bob works independently, without
3 wasting company time talking to colleagues. Bob never
4 thinks twice about assisting fellow employees, and he always
5 finishes given assignments on time. Often he takes extended
6 measures to complete his work, sometimes skipping coffee
7 breaks. Bob is a dedicated individual who has absolutely no
8 vanity in spite of his high accomplishments and profound
9 knowledge in his field. I firmly believe that Bob can be
10 classed as a high-caliber employee, the type which cannot be
11 dispensed with. Consequently, I duly recommend that Bob be
12 promoted to executive management, and a proposal will be
13 executed as soon as possible.

Addendum:

That idiot was standing over my shoulder while I wrote the report sent to you earlier today. Kindly re-read only the odd numbered lines.

:-)

Take care and enjoy today!

4 comments to The Perfect Worker

  1. says:

    HotDogg The General Manager’s response…

    1. I completely agree with your observations that there is no
    2. staff who has not gainfully benefitted from Bob’s exemplary
    3. performance and discipline when he’s on duty. I will
    4. now endorse your recommendation for his promotion and
    5. immediately instruct Personnel to do the needful.

    Addendum
    Don’t laugh. The bastard was looking over my shoulders too when I wrote my report sent to you earlier this morning. Now please read only Lines 1, 3 and 5.

  1. says:

    Anonymous Anything addictive is bad ! Whether working, blogging, gaming, smoking, drinking, scheming and even politiking.

    To be sane we need to have a balance between secular and sacred during the waking hours. So before we are driven to the ground by the current regime, people out there, ensure that we pull our resources together and leave them groundless.

    ~ahoo~

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Little Corgi

    Haha!! That's a very clever comment!! I am sure that once you read this, you will be romping in the lawn having a gala time chasing the butterflies. Take care and have a lovely weekend.

    Cheers

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear ahoo

    Many thanks for such a sensible comment. Sometimes, one can be addicted blindly thinking that they are on track chasing after the right formula and alas, when reality bites, they are not prepared for what is before their eyes. By then, they would be ground to the pulp.

    Thanks for sharing. Good to have you back! Take care and have a great weekend.

    Shalom

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.