Specially For Beng

Posted by Unknown On Sunday, February 13, 2011 6 comments
On September 3oth last year, I wrote about one of my regular readers named Beng in a post called Beyond Words and Understanding is.... Beng has been a very good hearted person, reader and friend. I have never met him but used to exchange emails with him after he started sending me jokes and other stuff.

Beng suffers from carcinoma of the tongue and is in the final stage of his life. The doctor has given him till until February 28th to be on this earth. Although he has relatives in KL and a brother in Bukit Mertajam, he has not really told them the seriousness of his condition. He lives alone somewhere in Paya Terubong and has net access.

After I put up that post on Beng HERE, I introduced Beng to my dear friend, Angela, a cancer survivor herself. I did not feel competent enough to reach out to Beng because I do not have in-depth understanding about how to deal with or encourage or minister to cancer patients.

Angela has been a source of encouragement and entertainment to Beng. They have forged a beautiful friendship and she is probably coming up to Penang to see him soon. Perhaps now you know why she is such a dear friend to me, and I believe, to Beng too.

Death, to me, is a very painful process. It is traumatic to the one dying and to loved one and friends as well.

This evening, I wish to request you, dear reader, to reach out to Beng as he goes through the last days of his life. He only has about 14 more days to live, according to the doctor.



If you feel moved to send him an email, a card or some inspirational message, please send them to:

bengship@yahoo.com

I really hope that you can reach out to Beng and leave a footprint in his heart that he may know that we remember him and are praying for him.

Thank you, dear reader and friend, for your kindness and compassion.

Take care and do remember Beng in your prayers. Beng, hang on in there ok? We are praying for you. God bless you and everyone always.

6 comments to Specially For Beng

  1. says:

    Cat-from-Sydney Aunty Paula,
    I'm sending out purrrssss from all across the universe to Beng. He'll survive this, I hope. purrr....meow!

  1. says:

    PJN You are such a nice and caring person. Most people really don't care until they know how much you care. Will pray for Beng.

    BTW PJN is my initial and also my car plate. Still love to read your blog. Like the jokes.

  1. says:

    Stanley Goh I have not had any reply from Beng for the past few emails/ecards which I sent him. I was very worried about his condition as he was a guy who puts up a very brave front inspite of knowing that time is running out.
    In a way I am very relieved to read this post and finally know he is still with us. God Bless You for the update. Will write to Beng now.

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Cat-in-Sydney

    Thanks so much...Beng is now going through much pain and anguish. Am sure your cyber purrs and meows will help him survive this...Take care, sweetheart. Thanks for caring!!!

    Hugs

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear PJN

    Thank you so much for your warm and encouraging comment. If truth be told, I wish I could care more. My mentor in caring is Angela...who really gives her all...I am still learning and have a long way to go. I fear death, having experienced the loss of many friends and relatives in 2010 and the loss of my dad in 2007. It is not easy to face death and the loss of a loved one. That is why I try my best to make today count that my yesterdays can be beautiful and I have tomorrow to look forward too always.

    Thanks for being an inspiration. Hope to meet you one day in person to thank you. Glad you like the jokes. I am quite a crackpot in real life hehe...

    Take care and God bless you and yours always.

    Cheers!

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Stanley Goh

    Thank you so much for writing to Beng and for your forwarded stuff. I appreciate your effort to brighten his days with humor and information and pray that you will continue to inspire others.

    Thanks for reaching out to Beng, and to me. May God bless you and yours always.

    Warmest wishes

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.