Till Death Do We Part - Part 2

Posted by Unknown On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 0 comments
Part 1 of this story was posted 2 hours earlier at THIS LINK.Most websites chose to post only the first half of the story but I am posting it in full so that you can get the whole impact. The final part will be posted at 8 p.m. so please swing by later.


Carry Me In Your Arms
-Author Unknown-

Once again, Dew said to me. "He Ning, divorce her, O.K.? Then we live together."

I nodded. I knew I could not hesitate anymore.

When my wife served the last dish, I held her hand.

"I've got something to tell you". She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes. Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the serious topic calmly. She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words.

Instead she asked me softly, "Why?"

"I'm serious." I avoided her question.

This reply made her angry. She threw the chopsticks away and shouted at me.

"You are not a man!"

That night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping throughout. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer because my heart had gone to Dew.

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car and 30% stake of my company. She took a glance at it and tore it into pieces. I felt pain in my heart. The woman who had been living with me for ten years would become a stranger one day. But I could not take back what I had said. Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To her, crying was actually a form of release. The idea of divorce which had me obsessed for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer.

I came back home on a late night after entertaining my clients. I saw her writing something at the table. I fell asleep soon. When I woke up, I found she was still there. I turned away to the other side on the bed and was soon fast asleep again. She brought up her divorce conditions. She didn't want anything from me. However, I was supposed to give her one month's time before divorce.

During the month, we must try as far as possible to live a normal life. Her reason was simple. Our son would finish his summer vacation a month later and she didn't want him to see our marriage broken. She passed me the agreement she drafted, and then asked me, "He Ning, do you still remember how I entered our bridal room on the wedding day?"

This question suddenly brought back many wonderful memories for me.

I nodded and said, "I remember."

"You carried me in your arms."



She continued, "I have a requirement for our divorce. You have to carry me out in your arms when we divorce. From now to the end of this month, you must carry me out from the bedroom to the door every morning."

I accepted with a smile. I knew she missed those sweet days and wished to end her marriage on a romantic note.

I told Dew about my wife's divorce conditions. She laughed loudly and thought it was absurd.
"No matter what tricks does she resort to, she has to face the result of divorce." She said scornfully. Her words somehow made me feel uncomfortable.

My wife and I hadn't had any body contact since my divorce intention was explicitly expressed. We even treated each other like strangers. Hence, when I carried her out of the bedroom on the first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our son cheered and clapped behind us.

"Daddy is holding mummy in his arms!" His words gave me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the sitting room then to the door. I walked more than ten meters with her in my arms.

-To be continued-

The final part of this beautiful and touching story will be posted at 9p.m. this evening. Please swing by later to catch the concluding segment. Have a pleasant evening.

0 comments to Till Death Do We Part - Part 2

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.