Conversations with the Tree

Posted by Unknown On Thursday, September 20, 2012 0 comments
‘Tree, oh, tree, with what should I bless you?

“Should I bless you that your fruit be sweet? Your fruit is already sweet.
“Should I bless you that your shade be plentiful? Your shade is plentiful.

That a spring of water should run beneath you? A spring of water runs beneath you.

“There is one thing with which I can bless you:

‘May it be God’s will that all the trees planted from your seed should be like you…”

Written by Serdar Ozkan,  author of the extraordinary book “The missing rose”.

_____________________________

So,says a tree... 

I occupy so little space on your earth.

I grow up towards the sky. 

I give you all shade when you are tired. 

I give you fruit to eat. 

I give you fresh air to breathe.

I give you wood to make your houses so that you can live safely and happily. 

In winters I am happy to burn and keep you warm. 

Yet you do not let me live! Why? I do not know.  

By Bhopinder Pal Singh

  ______________________ 

‘Trees’ by Joyce Kilmer 


I think that I shall never see 
 A poem lovely as a tree. 

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest 
Against the sweet earth’s flowing breast; 

A tree that looks at God all day, 
And lifts her leafy arms to pray; 

A tree that may in summer wear 
A nest of robins in her hair; 

Upon whose bosom snow has lain; 
Who intimately lives with rain. 

Poems are made by fools like me, 
But only God can make a tree.

0 comments to Conversations with the Tree

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.