Mr. Know-All

Posted by Unknown On Thursday, October 25, 2012 1 comments
The following story is about how sometimes in life, there could be people who try their best to  rain on our parade. Remember this story the next time someone be it a Mr/Miss Know-all, or Mr/Miss I-am-better, know-more, done-more-than-you type tries to make your life  miserable.

A woman was at her hairdresser’s getting  her hair styled for a trip to Rome with her husband.. She mentioned  the trip to the hairdresser, who  responded:

“Rome?Why  would anyone want to go there?  It’s crowded and dirty.. You’re crazy to go to Rome. So, how  are you getting there?”

“We’re taking Continental,” was the  reply. “We got a great rate!”

“Continental?” exclaimed the  hairdresser.. ” That’s a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their  flight attendants are ugly, and they’re always late. So, where are you  staying in Rome ?”

“We’ll be at this exclusive little place  over on Rome’s Tiber River called  Teste.”

“Don’t go any further. I know that  place. Everybody thinks its gonna be something special and exclusive,  but it’s really a dump.”

“We’re going to go to see the Vatican and maybe get to see  the Pope.”

“That’s rich,” laughed the hairdresser.  You and a million other people trying to see him. He’ll look the size of  an ant.

Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of  yours. You’re going to need it.”

A month later, the woman again came in  for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked her about her trip to Rome .

“It was wonderful,” explained the woman,  ”not only were we on time in one of Continental’s brand new planes, but  it was overbooked, and they bumped us up to first class. The food and  wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited  on me hand and foot.

And the hotel was great! They’d just  finished a $5 million remodeling job, and now it’s a jewel, the finest  hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and  gave us their owner’s suite at no extra  charge!”

“Well,” muttered the hairdresser,  ”that’s all well and good, but I know you didn’t get to see the  Pope.”

“Actually, we were quite lucky, because  as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder, and  explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I’d  be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would  personally greet me.

Sure enough, five minutes later, the  Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he  spoke a few words to me.”

“Oh, really! What’d he say  ?”

He said: “Who on earth did your  hair?”

-Author Unknown-

:-) Have a nice day, everyone!

1 comments to Mr. Know-All

  1. says:

    CLY A Roman holiday.
    What the hairdresser said is largely true. I flew in to Rome a few years ago. The flight steward was a grumpy guy. I landed in a dark airport. There was a blackout. The train was not working. I had to take a cab to town. A priest shared a cab with me but they refuse to go to town. The only stopped at the taxi terminal which is away from the city center. We had to take a city bus to the city. Walking to my hotel, I was stopped by two young ladies, in their early teens. One was carrying a bundle that look like a baby. She stuff the "baby" in my face saying something like "give money". The other girl then went behind me and slip her hand in my trousers pocket. I immediately dropped my trolley suitcase and held on to my wallet. After a while she gave up and said sorry and walk away. I walk to the hotel and told the hotel staff. They look and me and said nothing. Probably it's as common as being bitten by a mosquito. The hotel too was without electricity and I had to walk four flight of stairs. I went to the Coliseum. It was free entry that day. I went to the Vatican. I met a few tourists. One Japanese girl said she took precaution against pickpockets by hiding her money under her t-shirt. It was missing when she came down from the bus. I kept 10 Euros in my passport cover together with my credit card just in case I lost my wallet. I kept those in the safe deposit box in the hotel. When I flew back home, I forgot to take the money from my passport. The immigration officer in Rome gave me a funny look and snitch my money!
    I did not meet the Pope though but I met with representatives of the He-who-must-not-be-named.
    All roads lead to Rome. All scams found their home.
    Beware of the ides of March. You be left with nothing much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.