Invincible and Indestructible

Posted by Unknown On Friday, June 28, 2013 0 comments
This morning, I had the shock of my life when I hung my son's bedsheet to dry in the sun.

There was a sickening thud.

I looked down at my feet and there it was - my beloved and priceless Nokia 3310. Almost going hysterical, I ran downstairs and phoned my husband as he was the one who put Nick's bedsheet in the machine. After ranting, I looked at the phone again.


There was water vapour beneath the screen and while the backlight was lit, nothing else was visible. I had a tough time trying to pry open the casing to remove the battery.

Finally, I managed to dismantle my phone and proceeded to dry it with my hairdryer - something I learnt when my husband's Note 2 fell into the toilet bowl.

I feared the worst as the phone had been in the washing machine for one hour and fifteen minutes - soaked in hot water, rinsed five times and spun dry.

Two hours later, I assembled everything and incredibly - my Nokia 3310 still works! Two years ago, I thought I had lost it when it fell down three flights of stairs.

Hidup Nokia 3310!!! I have had it since 2000 and it has never given me any problems.

According to Wikipedia:

The Nokia 3310 is a dual band GSM900/1800 mobile phone, and was developed by the Copenhagen Nokia site (Denmark). Released in the fourth quarter of 2000, it replaced the popular Nokia 3210. This phone sold extremely well, being one of the most successful phones with 126 million units sold.[1] The phone has since received arguably the biggest cult status of a mobile cell phone, and is still widely acclaimed today. Many people name the 3310 as being the "indestructible" phone, which has become a popular Internet meme.

More here.

I would never give it up and will treasure it forever! Am deeply relieved!!!

Does anyone have any tales to share? My HP netbook dropped eight feet to the ground and survived - only the hinge cracked. The LCD screen, hard disk etc are all intact! HP - another fantastic brand with superb customer care service!

0 comments to Invincible and Indestructible

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.