Trayvon Martin and the Irony of American Justice

Posted by Unknown On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 0 comments
Here's an excellent article by Ta-Nenhisi Coates first posted in The Atlantic:

Excerpt:

A photograph that appeared in a chain e-mail about Trayvon Martin. In fact, the man in the photo is a 32-year-old rapper considerably larger than the slain 16-year-old. In trying to assess the killing of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman, two seemingly conflicting truths emerge for me.

The first is that based on the case presented by the state, and based on Florida law, George Zimmerman should not have been convicted of second degree murder or manslaughter.

The second is that the killing of Trayvon Martin is a profound injustice. In examining the first conclusion, I think it's important to take a very hard look at the qualifications allowed for aggressors by Florida's self-defense statute.

CLICK HERE for the rest of the post. 


You are reading this in Masterwordsmith's blog. I am stating this because there is one particular blogger who has been copying my blog content and hosting it in a website url that is very similar to mine just so to steal traffic for advertising revenue. He even proclaimed MY SONS to be HIS SONS!!! ????? Even the header is the same as mine!!! Utter audacity and unscrupulousness!  I have already reported it to DMCA, Google and Blogger. If you like my site, please subscribe to the RSS feeds or follow me on Twitter to catch my posts.  Thanks!

0 comments to Trayvon Martin and the Irony of American Justice

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.