The 40th Anniversary Concert _ Fantastico!

Posted by Unknown On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 0 comments
On Sunday, 01 December 2013 @ 8.00 pm, Dewan Sri Pinang, there was a private concert in conjunction with the 40th anniversary of Texchem showcasing the talented Alexander Kalashkov, violin, Maria Lebed, piano and Sergei Glavatskih, piano. Prof. Chan Tze Law, conductor and the collaborated effort of selected musicians from two orchestras in Penang.


~ Programme ~
- Violin Concerto in E minor, Op. 64 (Felix Mendelssohn)
- Zigeunerweisen, Op. 20 (Pablo de Saraste)
- Warsaw Concerto, (Richard Addinsell)
- Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat minor (Pyotr Ilyich Tchikovsky)

My son was playing in the first violin section...

Congratulations to all guest artistes and orchestra members...this is easily one of the BEST local productions ever with world class guest artistes. Thanks to Texchem for sponsoring this concert and kudos to Tan Sri Dato' Konishi for his generous support and patronage.

Here are two clips recorded right at the opposite end of the audi using my handphone camera.

Here's the Warsaw Concerto featuring Maria Lebed from Russia. I *heart* this piece....so romantico...

CLICK HERE to view.

Here's Tschaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat minor by Sergei Glavatskih (Russia), a very powerful pianist. The intro was so spectacular that I was stunned and forgot to press record!

CLICK HERE to view.

Note that as some parts I was so mesmerised that I forgot I was recording ....By the end of the recording, I was running low in juice so you can hear the warning beep from my handphone. Sorry! More clips to be uploaded!

Enjoy...





Photo Credit: Nicholas Chong



0 comments to The 40th Anniversary Concert _ Fantastico!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.