From My Perspective, I No Longer...

Posted by Unknown On Saturday, October 18, 2014 0 comments
Blog readers/subscribers would know it has been a very long time since I wrote anything. Today, I feel compelled to unzip and to share my thoughts. The past few months have certainly been the most difficult in my life and I thank Mr TSK, Saudara Shakirin, Angela, Langkau Fiction, Gem, Freddie and other readers/friends who have tried to reach out. Life is difficult and the older we get, the more difficult.

That is why sometimes, I wish I was a hamster :-). All I need to do is zzz, eat and chase my spouse or be chased by my spouse and have all the exercise I need before I slump in a little corner to zzz.

According to this site, the following quotation has been wrongly attributed to Meryl Streep. The person who penned these powerful words is a young man by the name of José Micard Teixeira, a Portuguese self-help author/life coach.

Kudos to Senior Planet for letting us know the origin and also the need to set the record right by visiting Teixeira's page and doing the needful.

Stumbling upon this message was indeed such a life-defining moment for me. Sometimes, I am torn between being 'Chinese' in that from young, I have been taught to stand on ceremony...whilst other times, I try to stick to Christian precepts.

But wait a minute!

What about myself? For the greater part of my life, I have always tried to bend backwards, giving people the benefit of the doubt, forgiving, helping, loving etc even though time and time again I get hurt by the same person/s.

Now, I realize that there are some worthy of our time but sometimes, we have to move on, especially when dealing with Narcissistic characters who would never waste any time or energy to consider, let alone do good, the feelings or benefit of others.

So, here it is..José Micard Teixeira's lesson which has certainly validated my belated decision to love myself more and stop being a door-mat to help those who have no qualms about milking benefits or sucking favours and then hurting others with callous words, facial expressions. But of course, I have to watch out not to become self-centred or narcissistic myself. Difficult people teach us precious lessons in life. Painful and bitter, sometimes those lessons are the MOST precious and life-defining moments.




I No Longer - by José Micard Teixeira

I learnt that in loving others, when it comes to those who do not even love themselves, I must stop, take stock and resolve to love, to protect myself.

“I no longer have patience for certain things, not because I’ve become arrogant, but simply because I reached a point in my life where I do not want to waste more time with what displeases me or hurts me. 

I have no patience for cynicism, excessive criticism and demands of any nature. 

I lost the will to please those who do not like me, to love those who do not love me and to smile at those who do not want to smile at me. 

I no longer spend a single minute on those who lie or want to manipulate. 

I decided not to coexist anymore with pretense, hypocrisy, dishonesty and cheap praise. 

I do not tolerate selective erudition nor academic arrogance. 

I do not adjust either to popular gossiping. I hate conflict and comparisons. 

I believe in a world of opposites and that’s why I avoid people with rigid and inflexible personalities. 

In friendship I dislike the lack of loyalty and betrayal.

I do not get along with those who do not know how to give a compliment or a word of encouragement. 

Exaggerations bore me and I have difficulty accepting those who do not like animals. 

And on top of everything I have no patience for anyone who does not deserve my patience.”

0 comments to From My Perspective, I No Longer...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.