WONDERFUL QUOTES FOR A NEW DAY

Posted by Unknown On Thursday, February 4, 2010 12 comments
I think William Shakespeare was the wisest human being I ever heard of. To be perfectly frank, though, that's not saying much. We are impossibly conceited animals, and actually dumb as heck. Ask any teacher. You don't even have to ask a teacher. Ask anybody. Dogs and cats are smarter than we are.
Kurt Vonnegut

Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules – and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.
Kurt Vonnegut

The big trouble with dumb bastards is that they are too dumb to believe there is such a thing as being smart.
Kurt Vonnegut

This post is truncated. Click the next link to read more.



Take care of the people, and God almighty will take care of Himself.
Kurt Vonnegut

I could carve a better man out of a banana.
Kurt Vonnegut

New York: Skyscraper National Park.
Kurt Vonnegut

Whatever women do in life, they must do it twice as good as men in order to be considered as half as qualified. Fortunately, that's not very difficult.
Charlotte Whitton

I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde

Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Kaiser Wilhelm

I think; therefore, I'm single.
Lizz Winstead

I wouldn't mind being dead – it would be something new.
Estelle Winwood, at hundred.

TV is chewing gum for the eyes.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Woody Allen once said: "You know there must be intelligent life in space. The question is do they have good Chinese restaurants and do they deliver?" Which is really a joke, but it is also a very profound remark. When you say do they have good Chinese restaurants, what you're really saying is, "How much are they like us?" And when you say, "Do they deliver?" you're saying, "Can they get here?" Both of which are profound questions. And at the present, we have no answers.
Gene Wolfe

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Frank Zappa

If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud.
Emile Zola

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.
Kenyan proverb

Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxi cabs and cutting hair.
George Burns

Yeah, my real name is Coppola. I changed it because they'd think I was some nepotism-oriented kid.
Nicholas Cage

A lie can be half way around the world before the truth has got its boots on.
James Callaghan

Every revolutionary ends up by becoming either an oppressor or a heretic.
Albert Camus

Democracy is the worst form of government, except all the others that have been tried.
Sir Winston Churchill

To err is Truman.
A popular joke in 1946

This one is specially for Nick:

To err is human, to moo is bovine.
Anonymous

HAVE A NICE DAY EVERYONE!

12 comments to WONDERFUL QUOTES FOR A NEW DAY

  1. says:

    Cat-from-Sydney Dogs and cats are smarter than we are.
    Kurt Vonnegut

    O Wise Master,
    I agree with that statement 300%!!!! purrr....meow!

  1. says:

    Anonymous 'tv is chewing gum for the eyes' !
    wat's radio for the ears then ?

    selamat pagi & cheers....yours is
    ipoh-white-coffee for my mind ! (iwc)

  1. says:

    Monyet King I like

    Take care of the people, and God almighty will take care of Himself.
    Kurt Vonnegut


    very appropriate to Malaysia in light of the religous quarrels

  1. says:

    Unknown Hi dear Cat-in-Sydney

    I was wondering if you would mention that one and you did hehe...

    I agree too!!!! ;-)

    Purrrfect way to start a new day, righto!

    Salam

  1. says:

    Unknown Good morning IWC!

    Haha...good one there...OO reference to Georgia on my mind?

    Take care and have a good day!

  1. says:

    Unknown Exactly! I love this set of quotations and Vonnegut's classic book Slaughterhouse Five.

    Take care and have a lovely day!

    Cheers

  1. says:

    Anonymous apa kah.. Georgia on my mind ?
    ampun !

  1. says:

    Angry Parents A human being's first responsibility is to shake hands with himself.
    (Henry Winkler)

    Why do we shake hands with people?

    In medieval history, by offering a right hand, a hand that could otherwise be used to draw a sword, men were overtly displaying their intentions of peace toward one another. From signing a treaty to settling a bet with friends, "shaking on it" remains a symbolic sign of agreement.

    After a handshake in a school PTA (PIBG) meeting I attended, we proceed to have Tea-break currypuff & lots of finger food. Many seek the toilet to ease later. I was SHOCK about 40% never wash their hands after holding their penxx during pissing. And I shook hand with these guys before eating my currypuff!

    Probably that explains why Dr Wan Azizan always have only one right hand glove on.

  1. says:

    Cat-from-Sydney Aunty Paula,
    I think Google is having a headache. Your blog is not updated on my blog roll, it's still the Simon & Garfunkel one. So, new quote: Cats are smarter than search engines. purrrr....meow!

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Anon @ 9.13am...You don't know Georgia on my mind?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IumnmhnPJKQ

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Angry Parents

    Eeeeew! I am so grossed out now :-(...that is why I always carry a bottle of hand sanitizer with me...

    I am a great fan of Henry Winkler! The Fonz...in Happy Days!

    Thanks for that quotation. Have a great day.

  1. says:

    Unknown Dear Cat-n-Sydney

    Thanks for the alert! I was out the whole morning with some for mer students and just came back. I think it should be ok now...Sometimes the update in blogroll is slow and sometimes immediate. I will check. Thanks for being so caring and considerate to alert me. Have a great day....

    Salam

Related Posts with Thumbnails
.